PDA

View Full Version : 18s on a vtr

needforweed
25th March 2004, 21:42
would like to no if this would effect the drive shafts ?

And also how low i could go if i did put them on , and what the acceleration would be like because i have heard it slows it down quite a bit ?

smileys/smiley25.gif

Deano1983
25th March 2004, 22:02
U wud need to do sum work on the archs mate cus 18s wont fit otherwise, as for the drive shafts am sure u don ned to do anything wiv them, and yes ur 0-60 time will suffer but top end will increase!! Hope this help if u have more questions plz dont hesitate to ask, also check wiv scott or simo about the drive shafts as they r the main men for saxos!! smileys/smiley4.gif

kls242
25th March 2004, 23:26
i just had 17s fitted to my vts, noticably slower than b4 i'd hate to drive a vtr with 18s on u wouldn't move! whats more important to u looks or speed?

Scott
26th March 2004, 16:29
it will be noticeablly slower.

The drive shafts will also suffer quite badly as the extra strain that is put on them by the weight and size of the wheel causing far greater stress on them to get the buggers to turn.

You can still go low but be prepared to carry no passengers in the back.

The arches will need some major work on them even if you have 17's and the fuel filler pipe will need modifiying as the wheels will rub through it no problem

dont forget cost of tyres as well smileys/smiley3.gif