PDA

View Full Version : Car's dead.....again!

craig180
16th December 2006, 16:05
After all the problems I've had with my car lately, I thought I had just about replaced every part possible! I was wrong.....

Last night I set off home from work and heard what I thought was my exhaust scraping along the floor. Pulled over to check it out and it was fine. Drove home slowly incase anything dropped off and could smell plastic burning

Got the AA out to have a look this morning and the bloody lower pulley is rattling around like a good 'un!!!!!

Can't oreder a new pulley until next week now so car might be out of use over xmas and new year. Gutted!

Danr
16th December 2006, 16:07
Thats a fucker. It will be nice when you get your car back though, (gay comment) - Absence makes the heart grow fonder :P

Luke
16th December 2006, 16:10
Gutted mate, bet that car is seriously pissing you off now.

Are you going to use the wifes?

craig180
16th December 2006, 16:14
Gutted mate, bet that car is seriously pissing you off now.

Are you going to use the wifes?

Have been doing! Went to pick up some seats from Craig earlier in it!

It is beginning to wind me up a bit now. I'm tempted to sell all the bits and get an engine built up from scratch to my spec;)

Luke
16th December 2006, 16:16
Have been doing! Went to pick up some seats from Craig earlier in it!

It is beginning to wind me up a bit now. I'm tempted to sell all the bits and get an engine built up from scratch to my spec;)

Sounds like a good plan to be honest, least it would run fine then with no problems.

Good luck with it mate.

craig180
17th December 2006, 21:57
Well I've got my ever ready mechanic mate coming round tomorrow to sort out my pulley. He's gonna have a good scout around to see in anything else needs attention (coil pack being one) while he's in the engine bay.

Hopefully be up and running by tuesday, wooooohooooooo!

It's been poo driving the missus' car!

Luke
17th December 2006, 21:59
Not enough power mate? Lol.

Easty
17th December 2006, 22:02
mine's gonna be off the road for 3 months next year (march to june) but i get to drive my dad's astra bertone coupe, which is nice :D

Luke
17th December 2006, 22:05
What you doing to it whilst it's off road Easty?

craig180
17th December 2006, 23:06
Not enough power mate? Lol.

Nah, it's not that it's just I need to fight my way to the seat through all the crap in the car! I am rather partial to my sparco harnesses as well, so getting in a car with normal seat belts seems abit wierd!

Easty, again what you doing to yours for 3 months???

Mystic
17th December 2006, 23:29
that sucks mate, its nice to see that im not the only one havin probs over winter though. Iv just gone n bought me saxo a buncha goodies and now its got knocking issues and the gearbox and/or clutch it starting to make a horrible noise :sad:

I might not give it any of its presents unless it behaves itself!