PDA

View Full Version : bhp database

stevenet15
17th December 2006, 19:40
could we have a database which we can all list our cars mods bhp output etc...

like what they have in fast ford mag but in a database that we can add our times etc.. and be able to update

e.g

User name | vehicle | Mods | Bhp @ fly | Bhp @ wheels | Quarter mile time

rushy_23
17th December 2006, 19:42
I think its a good idea, but wasnt it mentioned a while ago now?

ets2k9
17th December 2006, 19:56
The AXOC have a garage function in which they list all there mods,1/4 miles,£'s spent,bhp etc....

I think it could be useful but I think the idea was binned when last mentioned.

hesslevtr
17th December 2006, 20:13
think something like this is hapening when v4 kicks in

ets2k9
17th December 2006, 20:27
When does v4 kick in ?

Bake
17th December 2006, 20:29
could we have a database which we can all list our cars mods bhp output etc...

like what they have in fast ford mag but in a database that we can add our times etc.. and be able to update

e.g

User name | vehicle | Mods | Bhp @ fly | Bhp @ wheels | Quarter mile time

Sounds like a great idea!

hesslevtr
17th December 2006, 20:32
When does v4 kick in ?

how longs a piece of string

Robbo
17th December 2006, 20:48
sounds like a mint idea, would be good for comparissons and stuff

ets2k9
17th December 2006, 20:51
how longs a piece of string

Sir Hessle I'm yet to find a whitty answer for that question so I'll just wait for V4 to be released rather than worrying about it.

:)

hesslevtr
17th December 2006, 20:55
Sir Hessle I'm yet to find a whitty answer for that question so I'll just wait for V4 to be released rather than worrying about it.

:)

ok sounds like a plan

when and if you think of 1 give me a pm im sure il have a reply

ets2k9
17th December 2006, 21:00
ok sounds like a plan

when and if you think of 1 give me a pm im sure il have a reply

I will do but dont hold your breath.

rushy_23
17th December 2006, 21:50
Just do one on A4 lined paper for now.

Ian88
14th January 2007, 15:33
Sounds good !

DS_furio
14th January 2007, 22:09
how long is a peice of string?
arnser: twice as long as it is form the middle to one end
data bass thing is a good idear

mick2404
17th January 2007, 14:40
Something like this?? :

http://tinyurl.com/2ymxl2

uppitysi
17th January 2007, 14:48
it is a good idea..... but personally i can see it being abused with peoples claims of 195bhp there VTR's

which will just lead to pointless spamming arguements

mick2404
17th January 2007, 14:53
it is a good idea..... but personally i can see it being abused with peoples claims of 195bhp there VTR's

which will just lead to pointless spamming arguements

What i tend to do on our website is to get people to photo/scan thier rolling road printouts.... :)

normally stops that kinda guff :)

jacko18
17th January 2007, 15:05
sounds a good idea definatly worth thinking about.people need rolling road evidence to input their bhp on to the page.easy!

mick2404
17th January 2007, 15:10
As for quarter mile times, most of them are done at crail up here and they end up on the crail website, so you can double check them against thier claims :)

Sneaky is as sneaky does.. lol :D

_VTR_
17th January 2007, 15:20
sounds a good idea but how many cars will be on there?thousands, who's gonna do the work?

mick2404
17th January 2007, 15:21
sounds a good idea but how many cars will be on there?thousands, who's gonna do the work?

Well i normally just do it between me and my mods....

It's not like everyone's going to e-mail straight away.. it'll just be a steady trickle of people i would imagine.. :)

uppitysi
17th January 2007, 15:48
sounds a good idea definatly worth thinking about.people need rolling road evidence to input their bhp on to the page.easy!

that will have to be enforced some how.... cos i no the kids will love it otherwise

Mystic
17th January 2007, 15:55
Well there is already a static section on the main site which lists these sort of figures provided by the member. So it wouldnt be to hard in v4 for each of to be able to control this page (likea little myspace page for ya car) and once that infos in a database you can compare everyones times etc via a magical query to the database :A:

uppitysi
17th January 2007, 16:11
Well there is already a static section on the main site which lists these sort of figures provided by the member. So it wouldnt be to hard in v4 for each of to be able to control this page (likea little myspace page for ya car) and once that infos in a database you can compare everyones times etc via a magical query to the database :A:

magic... you can't beat magic!

stevenet15
17th January 2007, 22:01

that would be perfect

Mark
17th January 2007, 22:22
LOL @ magical query to the database.

that will have to be enforced some how.... cos i no the kids will love it otherwiseAnd that's the challenge with this idea.

If performance figures can be modified without controls then we'd have 0-60 times < 1 second and 1000bhp monsters, rendering the database useless. GIGO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_in,_garbage_out)

saxodan
19th January 2007, 13:32
LOL @ magical query to the database.

And that's the challenge with this idea.

If performance figures can be modified without controls then we'd have 0-60 times < 1 second and 1000bhp monsters, rendering the database useless. GIGO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_in,_garbage_out)

This could also lead to the Garbage In, Gospel Out affect lol

Well sax-p said so, so it must be true :wink:

Mystic
31st January 2007, 11:45
Im probably 6 months out of date with this and also partially posting in the wrong thread but here we go anyway:

Assuming this kinda of personalised 'myspace-style' profile page is going to be created & editable by users. It stands to reason that mandatory information will be groupable & can be searched through e.g. Colour, Model, etc, even things like ride height (60mm, 40mm, 30mm etc) But would it be possible to encorperate a sort of 'tags' system so that people will be able to list cars matching additional criteria like 'Angel Eyes', 'GMC 4-1 Manifold', 'BMC' etc?

Just browsing the forums (as you do) and began to notice how many threads have popped up asking for picture requests of things like the new mk2 angel eyes, ride height is a popular one too.

If a system like this were in place you could just search the members database for something like 'Colour=black; Extra=Angel Eyes;' Would help people in making these kind of decisions & reduce these sort of threads (or at least furnish them with a new cliché in repose to them: 'Search the Member Pages')

Also though people who need help fitting their Manifold for example, the raceland 4-2-1's require that mk2 VTS' change their oil filter to a mk1's filter. You could search for people with a mk2 VTS & raceland manifold to enquire what parts they need or difficulties they might run in to?

Sorry for the big chunk of text there, think i just started blethering :P