PDA

View Full Version : Provisional

platty
18th December 2006, 22:09
Sorted out my insurance tonight with Shamus from Quinn Direct

came to £1434 for provisional license on a x reg vtr @ 17.

preety chuffed, they also said they may give me a discount for passing,
that would save me hundreds if they did.

good deal? what does everyone think?

saxooxas
18th December 2006, 22:14
getting a vtr for your first car on a provisional license with insurance that high - you must be rich as. Also as theyre pretty fast bit crazy for your first car tbh

goat_janine
18th December 2006, 22:19
I would get something smaller engine wise for your first car... get used to the whole driving thing, get some NCB and then progress to a bigger engine car. Its your decision tho bud, just depends if you can justify spending that much on insurance tho

platty
18th December 2006, 22:21
when you've put yourself through the pain of saving for the last 4 years makes perfect sense to get the best you can! (rich? i wish!)

its nice you care though!

shane-mc
19th December 2006, 10:44
Sorted out my insurance tonight with Shamus from Quinn Direct

came to £1434 for provisional license on a x reg vtr @ 17.

preety chuffed, they also said they may give me a discount for passing,
that would save me hundreds if they did.

good deal? what does everyone think?

Thats gud my insurance is ova £2000 cant remember exact price, an dats wif Quinn Direct!!!

bbewekim
19th December 2006, 11:56
Whats the full spec of your insurance?

Parents or other people on your policy?
Are you the main driver?
Fully comp or tpff?
Not a bad price at all if you have it insured tpff on your own!

djmartin
19th December 2006, 11:58
my god vtr at age 17 im 23 and I just got a vtr phase 2 w reg and thats also my first car but the difference is I have been driving my dads jeep and someone's BMW so I have got some experience with bigger engined cars.

you should have gone for a furio or a 1.1 at your age.

the cops are gonna be keeping a close eye on you I PROMISE you that so dont have any ideas of doing your car up i.e body kits n stuff...........plus your premium will go through the roof I just hope your in a low risk area cos that will help you out in the long run..........

and these cars are pritty fast so im gonna say it on behalf of all the members on sax-p PLEASE BE CAREFUL mate ok.

GOOD LUCK in your test and merry christmas to you and your family :)

Danr
19th December 2006, 12:31
my god vtr at age 17 im 23 and I just got a vtr phase 2 w reg and thats also my first car but the difference is I have been driving my dads jeep and someone's BMW so I have got some experience with bigger engined cars.

you should have gone for a furio or a 1.1 at your age.

the cops are gonna be keeping a close eye on you I PROMISE you that so dont have any ideas of doing your car up i.e body kits n stuff...........plus your premium will go through the roof I just hope your in a low risk area cos that will help you out in the long run..........

and these cars are pritty fast so im gonna say it on behalf of all the members on sax-p PLEASE BE CAREFUL mate ok.

GOOD LUCK in your test and merry christmas to you and your family :)

Quinn don't add anything for cosmetic mods mate.

Its a good price lad:)

TheVtrKid
19th December 2006, 14:13
I had a 1.0L corsa for my first car, had it 2 years then moved to the VTR. The insurance on the corsa was £1200 and thats a 1.0L So i might have to try them for my renewal, i payed £2400 last year for my VTR, but it drops £700 after a years no claims. Quinn seem like the way forward?

platty
20th December 2006, 09:55
Whats the full spec of your insurance?

Parents or other people on your policy?
Are you the main driver?
Fully comp or tpff?
Not a bad price at all if you have it insured tpff on your own!

its a provisional mate, yeh im the main driver, my mum and dad are on the policy but it hasn't changed the price. ...... and when i pass they said i may get a reduction for a full license- this happened to my mate who's with Quinn. Probably a promo to keep me with them, but hey it'll save me loads.