PDA

View Full Version : Engine problems 1.1i (44kw)

ajsik
30th March 2004, 03:45
Hi i am from czech republic so far away ... smileys/happy.gif

I have some problems with engine.

First:
When the engine is cold no problems, but when it goes hot (normal temp) the revs is about 850-900. The revs come unstable and moving between 700-900. The engine goes normaly and for a second the revs go low and then it is ok for a moment ... and again and again

Second:
When i am going for example on the fith gear and have about 2000revs (not more) and goes to neutral the revs fall down to 500rpm. This happened sometimes. Two times i was brakeing and the engine cut-off so I had to start it again to give more power to brakes...

And now I have troubles (sometimes) when i am accelerating it isnt smooth , there are power gaps ( smileys/smiley2.gif the car is hopping ... you now what i mean)

sorry for my english smileys/smiley24.gif

barrett
30th March 2004, 04:17
english is fine... not sure about the problem.. i've experienced this happen before... never whilst i;ve been moving always when i'm stopped.

Ur revs may be altered by things like the heating vents being turned on etc

citrovts
30th March 2004, 12:41
First:
When the engine is cold no problems, but when it goes hot (normal temp) the revs is about 850-900. The revs come unstable and moving between 700-900. The engine goes normaly and for a second the revs go low and then it is ok for a moment ... and again and again

this can be removed with a GMC feul pressur regulator

agromonot
25th May 2004, 20:21
It happens more or less the same to me, with the difference that my engine doesn't cut off. I've read somewhere that it is quite normal and had something to do with idle state regulation. May be curious but the problem half dissapeard when I tensed accelerator pedal cable and tidied up that zone.

Scott
26th May 2004, 02:52
have a look in the engines pages and have a look for the stepper motor etc... thread. you may need to search for it, it has a lot of useful information in it

domviz
30th May 2004, 16:38
this happened to my 1.1 but i changed the oil and plugs and its gone now. as for the gear box thing i dont know?