PDA

View Full Version : Panel Filter.

Barry123
27th December 2006, 15:35
Hadnt even thought about when i installed it but...

Should I/Do I declare a Panel Filter?

Its a replacement filter element.

like your heads up on this...

jaybiss
27th December 2006, 15:40
thats a good question

i wouldnt personally but they say declare everything to be safe

plus it more than likely wont affect it anyways

its only a phone call, so just ask

Tammy_VTS
27th December 2006, 16:28
erm... i think that is SLIGHTLY petty tbh :S

Barry123
27th December 2006, 16:35
I'd rather be on the good side of an insurance company than the wrong one...

sim69er
27th December 2006, 16:38
wouldnt have thought so because its just an uprated standard one ie like champion spark plugs there better than standard but you dont have to declare them

Barry123
27th December 2006, 16:40
thats what my thought was...

thanks mate.

TU-Tuning
27th December 2006, 17:00
No way, they would never check the air box for a uprated filter, as long as the standard box is there their happy. And tbh even if they did check you could blag a part like that anyway say the garage must have replaced it.

They will charge you for a induction kit if you tell them i would think. Or if theyre really clever like RAC they will insist that its either a turbocharger or a supercharger and there is no such thing as a replacement filter :panic:

b0t13
29th December 2006, 20:08
i wouldnt as it looks the same as standard and means the insurance would have to take things apart to see it, its a replacement and not a mod as such.

upto u mate but i dont see it as something to declare..

Barry123
29th December 2006, 20:12
to be honest... im not the sneaky type. I'd rather have everything declared than worry about getting parts here, there and everywhere if I were to bin my beast.

But yeah I'm not gonna declare it unless i see something that suggests otherwise.

thanks for the help :)

Danr
29th December 2006, 20:14
I would, its a mod. In theory if i should declare my vts interior. Does nowt to power. You should declare a head unit and upgraded speakers. It won't increase but if you have £1000 audio cover they think its still standard!

For the sake of a phone call you should do it sayer :)

Barry123
29th December 2006, 20:27
actually yeah I had to declare the GTI seats :wacko:

Luke
29th December 2006, 20:27
I was thinking the same the other day Ad about declaring mine. It does you give you that extra power, so it's classed as a mod but I personally would probably leave it because I don't think they could tell the difference.

saxobaby
29th December 2006, 21:09
I worked for Hastings Direct for a while, and I often had people say it has an air filter, and we don't add it on at all, just make a note on notepad. We didn't care about them or tints lol

SteVTR
30th December 2006, 10:11
i wouldnt declare it it might be a better filter than the standard one but it does deviate from the manufacterers original specification as it fits in the standard airbox

Luke
30th December 2006, 10:15
Been speaking to my Dad about this morning and he agreed with me, I wouldn't even bother telling the insurance company as they won't be able to tell if it's a panel filter or not especially with it going straight in standard airbox.