PDA

View Full Version : Is driving a van a job in the motor trade?

MikeCracknell
7th January 2007, 11:44
I cannot get third party cover on any vehicle on my policy with elephant as my job is (put on Indian accent) "A job in the motor-trade" according to the woman in their Bangalore call centre!

Since when has delivering parcels been a job in the motor trade????!!!!!

Mike

Natalie
7th January 2007, 12:43
My boyfriend drives a van for a living and he's a named driver on my policy and I put him down as a delivery driver. It's definately not a job in the motor trade lol, the only thing motor about it is the van lol

You should be able to have delivery driver as an option on elephant because I'm with Bell and they use the same layout to get quotes. Don't put courier down though because it goes up because they think you may want to use the car to deliver

LittleDude101
8th January 2007, 21:48
Your a delivery driver... iirc there should be a similar option when getting insurance

yorkie
9th January 2007, 14:23
ditto mate

i have probs with my job title too mate

dreman/ 2nd man (banksman) in wholesale to the insureance companys this is not a job!!!

dreman one of the oldest jobs in the world (beer delivery) i have had to take dre tests/exams and the lot

Mark51
9th January 2007, 16:06
a job in the motor trade, im guessing, is car sales, mechanic, parts, body shop, etc..

MikeCracknell
9th January 2007, 23:31
Now that I have changed it from Courier to delivery driver, surprise surprise, BOTH policies I have with elephant now cover me third party on any vehicle!

Luke
9th January 2007, 23:34
Are you definately sure you need to be 25 or over to be covered 3rd party? Does it state that in the policy document.

I was surprised when I rang Elephant yesterday regarding my Windscreen, I got someone from the UK instread of the Indian call centres all the time.