PDA

View Full Version : juddering

Duck
15th April 2004, 22:34
one night i was sitting at traffic lights on a damp evening.
drove off hard ,wheels started to spin slightly, i then felt a very bad vibration / juddering
from the left hand side off the car even the dashboard felt it was also shaking badly.released trottle.I thought ihad bent the drive shaft/ broke it.Drove home slowly everthing felt ok. since then this has not happened again.but would like to know what happened.I have drove hard since then but never in first gear from a station position.
has this happened to any one else ??????? smileys/smiley19.gif smileys/smiley19.gif

oz_borne
17th April 2004, 16:45
could it just have been the dampness of the road mate? lack of traction meaning your car juddered?

dunno

smileys/smiley14.gif

DOGGS
17th April 2004, 19:17
yah, could just be ur car tramping, where the wheels actually bounce on the road as they're spinning....not very good for ur car but shouldn't do any damage if its in moderation.......I once had the air freshener shoot out of the front air blower and land on mah m8's knee in the back seats smileys/smiley4.gif smileys/smiley4.gif smileys/smiley4.gif

Duck
21st April 2004, 00:49
The car was due for service .I told citreon about the fault.
they checked the car out and found that the gearbox mount had gone getting it replaced on thursday .thanks to everyone that replied. smileys/smiley4.gif