PDA

View Full Version : Has a...

Ben_C
14th January 2007, 21:03
...policeman ever questionned whether or not your mods have been declared?

SAM33R
14th January 2007, 21:04
no mate

Ben_C
14th January 2007, 21:14
Well coz basically I have mods that I've now learned my insurance company won't allow (More Than). I know I may be screwed if I crash... but I'm wantin to know will I be screwed if the Police pull me up for something minor? (Or even just for being young)

SAM33R
14th January 2007, 21:18
na mate shouldnt be a problem, im sure small mods such as induction dont really matter, although i did read a thread and it said its best to tell them about even the smallest of mods

just contradicted myself lol

sam

TU-Tuning
14th January 2007, 21:20
If you go down maccy ds etc, then they do have lock ins from time to time. Stick a few Merc meat wagons on the entry and exit and line all the cars up and ask for all your details then check your all delcared. If not you either get a worning or its towed away.

Ben_C
14th January 2007, 21:27
Gutted!

I should really change.. I'm a named driver on a More Than policy for a start (which was actually true a few months ago) and have undeclared alloys (COmpomotives, £150 from ebay with best locking wheel nuts you can get... but doubt the insurers will see it that way), lowered 50mm and modded interior.

More Than I've learned won't insure ANY mods at all, so there's no chance being a named driver! But I can't afford to change...

DevilDamo
14th January 2007, 22:29
Declare everything (no matter how big or small).

It's better to be safe than sorry.

argylefan1985
14th January 2007, 22:57
may as well declare everything mate

Ben_C
15th January 2007, 12:21
That's a bit obv... the problem is I can't, so I'm wondering how bad a risk it is that's all.

Danr
15th January 2007, 12:43
Take it all off then or get another policy which will allow mods :y: Simple :)

MTR
15th January 2007, 16:32
Well think of it this way, they are a money making company! Don't fall into the trap of thinking they are doing it just for you, anyway to screw you out of a claim and they will do it in a flash. I'd just change company, there are loads that take modified cars. If yours don't right now: ditch them!
;)

Ben_C
15th January 2007, 16:56
I know that. Yeah so they're in it for money, so as long as I don't crash everything is ok!

MTR
15th January 2007, 17:19
I know that. Yeah so they're in it for money, so as long as I don't crash everything is ok!

That's one way to look at it! I don't want to get too dramatic but imagine if you were involved in a serious accident and it was demmed your fault, then the company refuse to pay out on the grounds you had an unsafe car. We are talking life changing stuff that could effect you forever. I'd play safe, as much as i hate them, you got to play very safe with them. :(

Danr
15th January 2007, 17:47

so easy to do mate, and what if someone crashes into you?

Ben_C
15th January 2007, 17:53
That's something I'm asking... it'll go through their insurance, right? Will mine ever know?

Danr
15th January 2007, 18:03
Surely though your car would have to be assessed by someone for replacement parts and the repair!

Ben_C
15th January 2007, 18:13
Yeah, not from my side though?

yorkie
15th January 2007, 20:13
lol i know of sumone that put big brake kit on car and its put insureance up £17 a month!!! lol he told them to fook off!!!

weemee
16th January 2007, 19:36
as i said in another post try Quinn Direct as they are good for young drivers and modded cars.

I work in insurance and you should declare ALL your mods no matter how big or small.

"Cosmetic Mods" dont/shouldnt make any difference to your premium but "Performance Mods" will.

At the end of the day if you have an accident and the mods arent declared there will be an assessor sent out to look at the car weather it was your fault or not, (if you are claiming). If the assessor is from the Third Parties insurance company they will report back to your insurance company about the damage that has been donw so your shit on.

Insurance is a scam and if an insurance comapny can find anyway of getting out of paying a claim then they will E.g if your mods arent declared.

So the shorter version of this ramble is DECLARE EVERYTHING!