PDA

View Full Version : Query...

dannyjay
19th January 2007, 21:21
I'm currently with Quinn-Direct, but as some you have read I've found somewhere cheaper, what happens now?

1. Do I have to phone up QD and tell them I don't want to renew now, so that they can send me my no claims certificate, or do you not get one and its all digital now?

I'm abit lost in all this NCB stuff and so on.

2. How do i prove i have no claims to my new insurer?

Please explain :)

Thanks.

Luke
19th January 2007, 21:24
Have you got your renewal notice from Quinn Direct yet?

On the renewal schedule, it should state how many NCB you have (also in a %). I sent this in to Elephant and it was enough proof to say I had 1 NCB and Louise has just done the same with the AA.

dannyjay
19th January 2007, 21:34
Yes, and it does have the NCB on it, will any ins company accept that then?

Cheers luke.

Luke
19th January 2007, 21:40
Yeah should do matey, like I said both Elephant and AA have accepted Louises and mine so I can't see why not.

Don't bother telling Quinn Direct though that you don't wanna renew, u'll be fine with the renewal schedule.

dannyjay
19th January 2007, 21:48
it says on the letter i have to contact them if i dont want to renew?

Luke
19th January 2007, 21:51
Really? Best to phone them though.

On my old insurer (First Alternative) I just got told to contact them if I wanted to renew and same with Louise's - I presumed every company was like that.

weemee
22nd January 2007, 20:31
Phone up Quinn Direct and tell them the that you have got a cheaper quote else where, they may try and beat your cheaper price as you are with them at the mo.

If they cant beat it just ask them to send you proof of your NCB and theyll send you a wee letter staing exactly how many years (%) you have.