PDA

View Full Version : Really odd Problem

DarylVTR
8th February 2007, 18:17
Well this one has stumped me!

Basically my sound randomly turns itself up to full volume! I have tried different sound cards and speakers and its still doing it!

Also seems to go up faster as you type , i have checked all volume controls and settings i know of and everything seems ok but it keeps changing itself

Any ideas, its totally fooked up and makes me jump out my skin as i have a 5.1 system setup and full volume is stupidly loud!

Clouds_mate
8th February 2007, 18:20
do you have volume control on your keyboard....
Would explain the typing and different sound cards.

Maybe your keyboard is shagged so when you type it increases the volume?

DarylVTR
8th February 2007, 18:21
but sometimes it just does it on its own aswell mate

MTR
8th February 2007, 18:22
Have you tried reinstalling your sound drivers [may be a good idea to look for an update] to rule out any software problem? If not it must be a physical problem with either the control or card.

DarylVTR
8th February 2007, 18:23
yup 3 different drivers tried on each sound card aswell!

Clouds_mate
8th February 2007, 18:25
but sometimes it just does it on its own aswell mate

my old mouse used to randomly scrow everynow and again. By this i take it that you have volume control...

I doubt it will be drivers if you have changed cards and updated when changed.

Have you tried a little 2.1 speak set up to makr sure it isnt the volume controller on your 5.1 ..

Set the volume to near off then see if it increases over the hour...If it does then try a different keyboard, failing that if the volume is still going wierd within windows do a system rebuild as it could be a dodgy app running.

DarylVTR
8th February 2007, 18:29
yer i tried a 2.1 creative setup on both sound cards, still did it! It can be fine for any length of time then suddenly go mad!

Clouds_mate
8th February 2007, 18:30
keyboard im telling ya...;)

MTR
8th February 2007, 18:33
How many different music programmes do you have installed? It's a long shot but you may need to see if one is accessing the Wave or System volume somehow. Other than that as posted above, you may need to format and start from scratch to make sure everything is running right.

DarylVTR
8th February 2007, 18:38
i cant be arsed to reformat lol

NickB
8th February 2007, 18:40
Try a driver update for your soundcard and keyboard try n run a full virus/trojan scan and spyware scan as well seems weird if u ask me though!

DarylVTR
8th February 2007, 18:41
have done all of the above chaps :) Im an IT Technician so ive done everything i can think of :)

MTR
8th February 2007, 18:52
I'm strange, i like formatting and getting things running just right! Even though i used to run an IT department in a school i still find it oddly relaxing. I may be mad though... :)

NickB
8th February 2007, 18:54
i am too mate A level in ICT with City and guilds....

you tried unstalling any software u have completely to do with your sound and downloading the latest versions from a website? or have you tried a different keyboard?