PDA

View Full Version : Decent special offers?

Scott
10th February 2007, 13:12
Just seen the holland and barrett special offer on the tv and they are doing deal on supplements. Now i dont know if any of these are any good or if the prices are any good just posting because i seen the advert

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product.asp?xs=6EED0BF0054140A490DE650D98185F8C&np=6&sid=1

Leo
10th February 2007, 14:27
Nice one, have not seen the advert but i check the site on the regular for these sort of sales. i'll be spending about a £100 in there monday, i always pull their arms off when the sales are on. Stock up on protein and save a fortune in the long run!

Clone
10th February 2007, 14:42
£100 :panic: , that must be alot of supplements :P

Leo
10th February 2007, 15:04
£100 :panic: , that must be alot of supplements :P

alot of quantity of 1 sup "Whey protein" - i always end up running out and waiting on sales as its a rip off, so i thought id just stock up on a shedload of them.

ets2k9
10th February 2007, 15:07
Holland and Barratt is one big sale I'd love to see there marketing plans.

Leo
10th February 2007, 15:29
Holland and Barratt is one big sale I'd love to see there marketing plans.

well theyd make more with sales because more gets sold which eqials the profit out, same as any other place:panic:

ets2k9
10th February 2007, 15:36
well theyd make more with sales because more gets sold which eqials the profit out, same as any other place

Ok then Gordon Geko - Would it not be a better plan to be low priced throughout the year and advertise them selves as a continually affordable shop rather than the current setup where people only bother with them through one of there sale periods?

As that too me indicates that the stuff is over priced so that they give the impression of a a great deal when they do have a sale.

It would also been a nightmare to forecast there sales or stock levels.

Leo
10th February 2007, 15:41
Ok then Gordon Geko - Would it not be a better plan to be low priced throughout the year and advertise them selves as a continually affordable shop rather than the current setup where people only bother with them through one of there sale periods?

As that too me indicates that the stuff is over priced so that they give the impression of a a great deal when they do have a sale.

It would also been a nightmare to forecast there sales or stock levels.

Gordon Gekko**** lol!!! calm down tiger was only stating the obvios!!!

Id imagine they are a successful buisness and not a struggling one thus the sales are probley just clearing out exess stock as apose to desperate mesaures to stay afloat. But maybe they need your plan to help their buisness lol, email them the plan....

ets2k9
10th February 2007, 15:43
I'm calm but I would still like to see how things pan out at H&B's head office.

Iceland are another one who amaze me its not a good plan to survive on Sales alone.

I genuinely worry about things like this LOL

ets2k9
10th February 2007, 15:44
i'll work for them if they give me an M3 CSL and a leather chair.

Leo
10th February 2007, 16:04
i think places like Iceland, holland and barrat etc,,. deal with goods that can expire and go out ouf date etc etc, so if they have aload of stock with not long to go until its expired, they may as well slam a sale on too shift it instead of having to frow it away, even if the profits hardly any or even zero, its still better than chucking it etc

ets2k9
10th February 2007, 16:09
I've been researching this subject (H&B) apparently there the Uk's no1 vitamin retailor so they have a better core market than I imagined.

The sales do seem excessive but it appears thats not wear there making there money.

I havent looked into Iceland yet but I went to a lecture years ago and this bloke said they were doomed but he appears to wrong.

So so bored!!

SaxyDan
11th February 2007, 22:45
Your making the incorrect assumption that they don't make money when they have a sale.... they do. Basically sales work like this. Firms like Holland and Barret put their goods up for sale WAY above the price of the market equlibrium. When they hold a 'sale' they are in fact just selling the good at the price it should be sold and unquestioning punters, thinking they are getting a 'bargain' rush in and buy LOADS of the product making the company shed loads of cash ;)

vtrchris64
12th February 2007, 00:50
Is this stuff any good?

thoms04
17th February 2007, 00:11