PDA

View Full Version : Weightgain 5000

Robb
13th February 2007, 11:57
Basically being 6ft 1 and only weighing about 10 and a half stone its about time i put some weight on.

now my diet at the moment consists of easy and convienient food, which if im honest is usually just a pizza in the oven or a takeaway if im out (which is usually the case) Also I rarely eat breakfast, and my eating routine is a bit crazy, meaning i never really eat at the same time everyday. I probably eat 2 meals a day at random times and snack through out the day.

Now once I've put weight on I can then go about turning it into muscle but obv need that weight first. With my diet of fatty foods i thought this wouldnt be too hard but obv i dont want to put so much weight on and over do it and turn into some sort of rik waller belly acher, any ideas people?

feedback would be much appreciated...

Leo
13th February 2007, 12:24
Basically being 6ft 1 and only weighing about 10 and a half stone its about time i put some weight on.

now my diet at the moment consists of easy and convienient food, which if im honest is usually just a pizza in the oven or a takeaway if im out (which is usually the case) Also I rarely eat breakfast, and my eating routine is a bit crazy, meaning i never really eat at the same time everyday. I probably eat 2 meals a day at random times and snack through out the day.

Now once I've put weight on I can then go about turning it into muscle but obv need that weight first. With my diet of fatty foods i thought this wouldnt be too hard but obv i dont want to put so much weight on and over do it and turn into some sort of rik waller belly acher, any ideas people?

Hey mate, I think you have the answer already! sort that terrible diet out! with most people that sort of diet simply makes them fat.. but others like yourself it just goes strait through you (do you find yourself on the bog much?) - if you can eat a clean diet you should start adding on some proper weight that can be turned into muscle. Instead of getting all techincal just eat foods like chicken breasts, potatos, rice, veg, pasta .. etc . this is all good for adding some size. ALso force feed yourself breakfast no matter what, it is VEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRY important. even if its just some cornflakes.

After clean eating (also eat alot too, you should never feel hungry) for a few weeks/couple of months, you should notice a diff, plus you will be alot more healthier anyway. if NOT, stick with clean foods obviosly and look into whey protein shakes. id bet money that sorting out your diet will get you where you want to be though. good luck

Clone
13th February 2007, 14:00
I don't really eat unless im hunrgy, sometimes i find it hard too, depending on what i have... mostly this is for lunch as i always love and eat my dinner :), if i'm hungry after that i have high sugar stuf! :( Like crisps,biscuits,icecream....im also thin ( trying to avoid them now though! :)

Ruddy
13th February 2007, 16:37
if i wanna gain weight i eat tattys!!!! plenty of taters in your diet and you cant go wrong, i should do a pimp my body section my weight fluctates that much!!! plus im 6,4 13.5 stonio's but wanna weigh another stone to get back to my old shape pre op.... Hence the potato's.

And leo is spot on! eat your breakfast boy!!!!!! get one of them protein 'shakers' put in a whey powder for a serving but top it up with porridge oats..... its suprisingly nice i think, plus it rests easy on your stomach cos your not exactly chewin owt!

Dont get a mcrags for breakfast, i made that mistake this morning........ so junk food has to go!!!!!!

EDIT: By the way, make sure you listen to leo, thats him on the right of his avatar facing off to ad sayer..... He told me....

Ryan
13th February 2007, 20:26
there is no easy way to increase in muscular size.

people allways want the easy route.
you need to be compitent at being able to lift your own body weight and free weights, as well as having a good protein filled diet before looking into taking all different sorts of potions and shite

Leo
14th February 2007, 08:48
EDIT: By the way, make sure you listen to leo, thats him on the right of his avatar facing off to ad sayer..... He told me....

adsayers on the right m8, id just had me perm done so had to take a rain check on the fight

Ruddy
14th February 2007, 09:07
Looks well that perm leo, that your natural colour??? Sayers looking well i must say....

Leo
14th February 2007, 11:00
im all natural baby

Robb
14th February 2007, 14:55
thanks for the help guys. much appreciated.

being quite fussy, what forms of pasta/potato's should i be looking at? do roast ones count? :P veg is a no-no, just dont get along with it, can i make up what im missing from veg with fruit?

I've started eating regulary and its wierd but i can already feel the difference, and im not waiting till im hungry until i eat. and breakfast is now a must. ;)

Robb
14th February 2007, 14:56
note - leo, i want to be just like your myspace picture. only kidding.

:oops:

Leo
14th February 2007, 16:44
haha! well robb looks like your onto the right tracks now. i would recommend eating vegs, even if its once a week to start with etc... look into vegs theres so many and you will find ones you like.. but yes eating fruit is great. If you wanted to be reallllly fussy you coule get wholeweat pasta, but personally i wouldnt worry bout that, same with potatos, doesnt matter how you cook them really.

Ruddy
16th February 2007, 10:08
....... same with potatos, doesnt matter how you cook them really......

As long as your not cutting them into chunky chips! haha try new potatoes, love that shizzle. Or jackets (Tip: smother the skins in vegatable oil and salt before you put them in the oven BEAUT!!!!!)

Leo
16th February 2007, 10:37
As long as your not cutting them into chunky chips! haha try new potatoes, love that shizzle. Or jackets (Tip: smother the skins in vegatable oil and salt before you put them in the oven BEAUT!!!!!)

hehehe yep thats true no chippers! lol. im not a big fan of potatos but if you chop them into slices/chunks, steam cook them.. chuck them in with some pasta+sauce+mince meat. jobs a gooden

Ruddy
16th February 2007, 10:52
How big are your cannons on your myspace pic leo! Hells bells! It looks a bit dark tho! deceiving! lol

Leo
16th February 2007, 12:40
How big are your cannons on your myspace pic leo! Hells bells! It looks a bit dark tho! deceiving! lol

No idea mate never measured! this pics a bit brighter:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1797/dsc02502vy6.jpg

Not big really, its just the shaping of shoulder/tricep makes arms look bigger

Ruddy
16th February 2007, 13:04
No idea mate never measured! this pics a bit brighter:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1797/dsc02502vy6.jpg

Not big really, its just the shaping of shoulder/tricep makes arms look bigger

thats it!!!!! i taking roids!!! lol

Leo
16th February 2007, 15:10
thats it!!!!! i taking roids!!! lol

Rather you than me mate lol!!

http://www.justthinktwice.com/images/steroids/steroid_callout.gif

Robb
16th February 2007, 15:12
ignore that... think how cool you'd look ruddy. go for it. lol

Leo
16th February 2007, 15:25
ignore that... think how cool you'd look ruddy. go for it. lol

hahaha yeh, you know what though i think thats the mentalitity of 50% of the people who go down the "roid road". 40% simply don't know about what they really do (see above pic lol). and the last 10% think they know better/delusional

I best watch what i say though theres a few roid surports on here :panic: :hug:

Ruddy
16th February 2007, 16:10
Development of breasts...... hmmmm........

bullit
16th February 2007, 22:10
arms are looking better leo, triceps have improved mate

Leo
17th February 2007, 08:09
arms are looking better leo, triceps have improved mate

cheers! yeh, been giving the old tricers a good smashing:y:

Apz1
17th February 2007, 12:19

You cant actually turn fat into muscle you know!... and if you actually did want to put a decent amount of muscle on after you initially gain the pot belly, you will have to create a large calorie input which could gain you even more fat and the muscle will probably be hidden (it is very difficult and slow to add muscle and loose fat at the same time).

Its much better for someone who wants to add muscle and look good, to start off slim, you will put on muscle and see where its going. and dont have to start a cut straight away thus loosing alot of muscle, which you worked hard to gain.
you need to eat alot of calories and get on the weights.

...or be lazy and just try and put on some bodyfat because you think your too skinny.

Robb
17th February 2007, 12:25
You cant actually turn fat into muscle you know!... and if you actually did want to put a decent amount of muscle on after you initially gain the pot belly, you will have to create a large calorie input which could gain you even more fat and the muscle will probably be hidden (it is very difficult and slow to add muscle and loose fat at the same time).

Its much better for someone who wants to add muscle and look good, to start off slim, you will put on muscle and see where its going. and dont have to start a cut straight away thus loosing alot of muscle, which you worked hard to gain.
you need to eat alot of calories and get on the weights.

...or be lazy and just try and put on some bodyfat because you think your too skinny.

yeh but i'm saying before i even think of going to the gym and trying to build muscle, i first need to sort my diet out or otherwise im not going to be able to. is that correct?

im not going to pretend i know what im talking about. so you reckon i should go down the gym (in my skinny state) and get on the weights and stuff? my diet before hand was high calorie, but it was in the form of chocolate and KFC? lol

Apz1
17th February 2007, 12:50
yeh get on a bulk and hit the weights 3 days a week, if your really not bothered about putting on a bit of fat at the same time as muscle you could still get SOME of your calories from not so clean food such as KFC aswel, I would just make sure you get in a decent amount of protein, carbs (some from fruint n veg) and make sure you get some EFAs in you aswel, (nuts, Peanutbetter, oily fish, olives, olive oil etc)

Robb
17th February 2007, 17:13
yeh get on a bulk and hit the weights 3 days a week, if your really not bothered about putting on a bit of fat at the same time as muscle you could still get SOME of your calories from not so clean food such as KFC aswel, I would just make sure you get in a decent amount of protein, carbs (some from fruint n veg) and make sure you get some EFAs in you aswel, (nuts, Peanutbetter, oily fish, olives, olive oil etc)

k cheers for the advice mate.

oh and the PM

:y:

kcsaxo
18th February 2007, 00:24
one thing you need to take note of is the "turn my weight into muscle" myth. its as old as the sport itself and is total bull mate. fat is fat and muscle is muscle, you CANNOT convert one into the other as they are completely different tissue groups so ignore the gaining weight bit and just eat sensibly and train hard.

consuming at least 4 meals a day with a ratio of 60% carbs, 30% protein and about 10% fat is what i try to follow is more likely to give your body the fuel it needs to gain mass and not fat. you could try and cram one of those as a meal replacement shake if you cant be arsed eating all the time.