PDA

View Full Version : TFT Monitor & Sound Help..!

Luke
14th February 2007, 20:54
Hopefully you people can help me.

A few weeks ago, I treat myself to a TFT/LCD TV Monitor - it's a Samsung SyncMaster 741MP 17" one - it's got the speaker built in so I have plugged the sound in at the back of the monitor and into the sound card of my computer.

Now on the CD for the monitor, there is no driver for the sound nor is there one on the internet - so what do I do? It's really bugging me.

Thanks in advance.

Clouds_mate
14th February 2007, 21:24
You wont get a CD for the sound for the TV. Its only speakers they require no addition drivers.

Make sure your speakcable is connected to the correct slot and not the MIC slot, Check your drivers for your sound card our installed, make sure that sound isnt muted and make sure your correct soundcard is slected as the default sound card.

Luke
14th February 2007, 21:28
I ain't a clue what my sound card is, it's a home built computer if you know what I mean.

I think I'll have a mess with it now.

Barry123
14th February 2007, 21:30
In all honesty luke, if you have external speakers you're much better using them. both my monitors have speakers but I'd rather listen to my music coming out of a gramophone than through them. Same with my TV at home.

Luke
14th February 2007, 21:34
I wanna buy external speakers, put I don't have any at the minute.

Think I'm gonna have a sound system like yours buddy.

Barry123
14th February 2007, 21:37
I wanna buy external speakers, put I don't have any at the minute.

Think I'm gonna have a sound system like yours buddy.

Get a loan then ;)

Luke
14th February 2007, 21:38
LOL, only just managed to clear my debt - nevermind get back into it :P

Barry123
14th February 2007, 22:02
lol
Richer Sounds is the place to go man... you'll easily get a fairly decent setup for circa £300