PDA

View Full Version : My Laptop Broken?

Jackman
27th February 2007, 17:58
Basicall my dog knocked over a glass of milk and it went all over my laptop while my brother was using it.

it turns on and everything.

its just the keyboard types on its on and stuff.

does it just need drying out more.

or is it fudged?

Thanks..

Alex
27th February 2007, 19:07
Could be the milk creating connections, If your lucky the keyboard will just pop off and the main part of the laptop will be ok.

What laptop is it?

Jackman
27th February 2007, 19:09
Could be the milk creating connections, If your lucky the keyboard will just pop off and the main part of the laptop will be ok.

What laptop is it?

Evesham Voyager. i dont think the keyboard pops off.

its just certain buttons that dont work.

gona claim off house insurance if i dong get it working

Alex
27th February 2007, 19:21
I think you can with that one, the keyboards usally just need prying a little.
bit awkward to explain, but i would use a small screwdriver to push the keyboard back so the front clips come out, it should then come off.

Jackman
27th February 2007, 19:51
I think you can with that one, the keyboards usally just need prying a little.
bit awkward to explain, but i would use a small screwdriver to push the keyboard back so the front clips come out, it should then come off.

wicked. ill give it a bash, thanks alot:y:

devilsadvocate
27th February 2007, 22:22
What model of laptop is it. Normally laptops has a metal sheet below the keyboard just incase something gets spilt on them, unless its a very old laptop. Leave it for a day to dry out completely and see what happens.

If it it still naffed after thay you might get away with a new keyboard (bitch to fit unless you know how) or could be that liquid has gone down into the mainboard and fried a few of the circuits

Hope that helps