PDA

View Full Version : those electric shock things?

Flimbo
28th February 2007, 21:06
hiya

my first post in here...

i already do quite a lot of running, football, and most other sports. i like to stay active and i think i'm quite toned and although i've not got a huge frame, i think i'm fairly muscalar - but i'd like to build it up more.

i already have weights and use them, but i'm asking about those electric shock thingy's...which i cant think of the name of now.

we've got one kicking around the house, and i wondered if they were safe to use, and if i'd see any gains.

its one of those things were you wet the pads and put them on muscle groups and it gives them little shocks or something.

i'm a bit wary about it, but i'm wondering if anybody has used one before or if they would think they would be any good to use?

thanks, matt

bullit
28th February 2007, 21:27
they can tone you up a bit, but there better used when youve got an injury or sort.
your best just doin your weights or situps, also by the the time youve set it up you could have done your situps

mattsteR11
28th February 2007, 21:42
ive used them, they do help, bit anoying some times, gr8 fun to pull them full blast on the control unit haha

mattsteR11
28th February 2007, 21:42
ive used them, they do help, bit anoying some times, great fun to pull them full blast on the control unit haha

Barry123
28th February 2007, 23:00
I bought one, but was too scared to use it, so i made my mother use it first. She screamed so i decided not to bother.

Flimbo
1st March 2007, 08:16
lol ads

i'll maybe give it a try for a few weeks and see if i notice any difference.

i know what you mean though ads. i remember using it a couple of times when i wa younger. the thought of giving yur muscles little shocks is a little weird and it feels pretty...erm...unnatural?!

ah well, it might be worth a blast!

thanks

KamRacing
1st March 2007, 10:28
If you attach them to certain muscles on your arms you can make your arm move - kinda like the electricity and frog leg experiment.

Leo
1st March 2007, 11:13
not something id consider personally but i duno if they work. im sure youd get MUCH more out of actually working out instead of electicuting yourself lol

grantsmith1985
1st March 2007, 19:04
only time I ever used them was when we were pished and attatched them to each other to see who could take the most. was quite funny, out it on someones face, makes them scream loads.

craigy_87
2nd March 2007, 17:53
lol i used one a while ago and it kinda worked but yeah my dad stuck it on once for the first time didnt realise it was turned up full man he was shoutin lmao i cried with laughter

Andys
5th March 2007, 11:45
get one, sit and watch Jackass and copy them!!

Talbot
6th March 2007, 20:47
they dont actually tone you up, they just get rid of your lactic acid through elecrolysis, allowing you to work out for longer.

Flimbo
7th March 2007, 07:51
really talbot?

i thought they worked to tone you up by the shocks making the muscles contract and relax, thus giving them a workout.

i've still not tried it anyway. i've been in ireland for a long weekend. i'll have to dig it out and give it a bash and see for myself.

Andys
7th March 2007, 10:10
they dont actually tone you up, they just get rid of your lactic acid through elecrolysis, allowing you to work out for longer.

that the biggest load of twaddle ive ever heard...and you had the cheek to question me in another link?!?!

Electrolysis is a hair remove treatment that women go through to kill of the hairs natural root..has no even close links to lacric acid depleation! go read a book or something!

and Flimbos spot on, the electrical shocks stimulate involentary muscle contrations which in all fairness dont really do shit but always a great larf after a few vodkas!

for muscle to 'change' you need to 'tear' the 'moyecin' heads on the muscle fibres causing damage to the muscle, therfor reapring its self and becoming either bigger or stronger or both..

Talbot
7th March 2007, 13:40

that the biggest load of twaddle ive ever heard...and you had the cheek to question me in another link?!?!

Electrolysis is a hair remove treatment that women go through to kill of the hairs natural root..has no even close links to lacric acid depleation! go read a book or something!

and Flimbos spot on, the electrical shocks stimulate involentary muscle contrations which in all fairness dont really do shit but always a great larf after a few vodkas!

for muscle to 'change' you need to 'tear' the 'moyecin' heads on the muscle fibres causing damage to the muscle, therfor reapring its self and becoming either bigger or stronger or both..

yeah electrolysis is wrong, not sure where i got that from but in the JJB gym i go to theres a load of those machines in the corner with a description and they say that they remove lactic acid allowing you to work out for longer, a different machine maybe?

'and you had the cheek to question me in another link?' whats that reference to?

Andys
7th March 2007, 14:06
'and you had the cheek to question me in another link?' whats that reference to?[/QUOTE]

My bad bro...was somebody else, forgive the aggressive reply..

machines that remove lactic acid? new to me bud, will do some research and let you know, but haven't seen anything like that in the last 7 years unless a very new thing out, which my triathletes would love!

keep you posted!

WestyVTR
11th March 2007, 19:06
Dont bin it they are great fun put em on your girls boobs!!

Gotta love the industry with all these fads!!

They only benifit involentary muscle contractions! this is not training your muscles as they need to be trained - simple -