PDA

View Full Version : My Qualifications N Experience

Andys
2nd March 2007, 12:02
have been posting quite a bit in ere so thought id let ppl know that i do check out and not just handing out info that ive got from spending too much time talking at my local gym.

been in the industry 7 years, where i have worked at 2 major health clubs and spas. been peronal training 6 years and teaching group fitness for about 7 years too.

Qualifacations: Premier Training Diploma, Paul Chek 1, Optimum Sports Nutrition, SAQ, Sissel Core, Bosu Stability, Sportesse Functional Training, AQUA, Schwin Spin, Instyle Aerobiking, Revmaster Studio Cycling, BTS Body Pump and BTS Combat.

currently have the UK 'Super Sprint' triathlete on my books as well as Finbarr Knefiski a british and european motocross rider.

Currently getting ready for my first natural bodybuilding comp with BNBF, competing july 29th, after 18 weeks of dieting ;(

when the gyms quiet, im more than happy to offer any advice! FOR FREE, how luck are you guys, its noramlly 40 per hour or 20 for guidence!

saxodan
2nd March 2007, 12:07
Thanks for your application and cv

I will get back to you in due course

Dan

Andys
2nd March 2007, 12:14
did i get the job??

WestyVTR
12th March 2007, 08:53
Its good to see people offering advice in here also good to see Paul Chek qualifications! Chek is the daddy! Great stuff - Why the 3 spinning courses though!? Where are you currently working!?

Andys
12th March 2007, 10:16
just over the years get invited along to these things...was looking at the RPM from BTS, was going train up as a master trainer and travel the country presenting and doing the quartley work shops and training courses...but BTS is so bullshitty, couldnt bring myself to do it!

chek isnt all that...sports specific stuff is good, the posture stuff is a bit much for the average person, in terms of assessing and correcting..

self employed but based at a bodybuilding Gym called TNT in Reading/Berkshire, also still teach a fair wack of group fitness around all the local main stream clubs!

WestyVTR
12th March 2007, 16:26
Chek is great - take the information and utilize it as necessary is my opinion, it really is usefull when i teach pilates.

BTS - is the fad at the moment it will soon blow over!

bullit
12th March 2007, 19:00
ill sleep better tonight andy :P

WestyVTR
12th March 2007, 21:22
sweet dreams

Andys
16th March 2007, 19:38
BTS is a fad? i think not my friend...it has been about for about 5-6 years over here in the UK...some of the most popular group fitness classes you will find ANYWHERE! there are certain trends within BTS, combat was very popular when first out but not now so much as body attack has taken over some what...more ppl prefer the pre-chorographied BTS step to free style step classes, the only one that struggles is RPM and that due to there being a hell of alot of other formats that challenge that!

Leo
16th March 2007, 20:47
get some pics up n shittt

Andys
17th March 2007, 09:59
pictures of what?

WestyVTR
19th March 2007, 07:28
Pics of what!?

Step Aerobics - not so popular now as to when it was first introduced in the late 1980s by Gin Miller. - fad -

Yoga-lates - fad - a combination of both yoga and pilates, no need!

call them trends or fads either way these are engineerd to appeal to mass audiences and soon die down or out completly even though they may be a good workout and have many benifits.

BTS has a wide umbrella and encoumpasses many styles this imo is why it has lasted so long and will continue to be popular - but maybe not at the for front of the industry.