PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail Account...

Hannah
2nd March 2007, 19:17
Basically been to Rome for 3 days come back and cannot get into my Hotmail account. It says my password is incorrect even though I have it set to remember me so will be the same as the last time I logged in.

I've tried to reset my password but I've had this email account for 3 years so don't know my details although the security question is 'Grandfathers occupation' but I always have it as petname or maiden name etc as both my granddad's were retired when I made this account. So not sure if someone hacked into my account.

So basically I'd like to know if there's any other way I can reset or get into my account as this is my account where everything goes like bills etc.

Many thanks

Hannah

Clouds_mate
2nd March 2007, 19:22
Sounds like someone you know and they know you have taken over your account knowing your or guessing your details. Sounds like they have changed the password and question too so you cant reset your details.

Log onto all the sites you use and change your details and email addy. (banking etc) so they cant get anymore crap through that.

Then contact Hotmail regarding this.

Hannah
2nd March 2007, 19:28
Sounds like someone you know and they know you have taken over your account knowing your or guessing your details. Sounds like they have changed the password and question too so you cant reset your details.

Log onto all the sites you use and change your details and email addy. (banking etc) so they cant get anymore crap through that.

Then contact Hotmail regarding this.

Urgh how annoying.

So there's no way of getting into it, I've only just changed that password too...

Some people are so bloody sad:(

Clouds_mate
2nd March 2007, 19:30
Nah i doubt it. Sounds like they have changed the lot. Try proving it to hotmail could be hard too. Doubt they will provide much help too as its a free service.

Best bet is to bite the bullet set up a new account, log onto all the shizzel that had the old addy change that to the new one then start adding contacts.

You might be able to close the account but im not sure. Never really been in this situation before with MSN, they may even be maybe to get you into your account but i wouldnt really count on it.

Sorry

Hannah
2nd March 2007, 19:44
Ok, I've got another hotmail account anyways but it's just annoying as now my msn won't work either so will have to re-add like 200 contacts! lol

Thanks for your help! :)

Jungle_Jim
2nd March 2007, 19:48
may sound stupid but try it with caps lock on as when you changed it you may have had them on by mistake

Hannah
2nd March 2007, 19:51
Tried and tested and still no luck.

I can send my new password to my account though although thats no help when I don't know the password! grr

Danr
2nd March 2007, 19:59
Gutted hannah, tbh if someone has hacked your account they would have gone through everything by now.

Try and contact msn and let them know, i doubt you will ge tthe account back but they can shut it, well, probabley!

Hannah
2nd March 2007, 20:01
Gutted hannah, tbh if someone has hacked your account they would have gone through everything by now.

Try and contact msn and let them know, i doubt you will ge tthe account back but they can shut it, well, probabley!

Cheers dude:y:

Will try and email them, just annoyed really as i've had it for years! lol

Richmt11
7th March 2007, 16:55
I lost a hotmail accoutn ocne and i gave up trying to get it back in the end.

It wasnt as important as bills didnt go there so i could afford to give it up to be honest.

But after sending messages to hotmail staff explainign the situation i said i can provide proof of id etc and i have never heard a reply. I sent many e-mails and have never has a reply about the account, so thats why i wrote it off. Perhaps they have a number you can speak to an actual person, lol.

I use Gmail now, far better service to be honest. If anyone wants a gmail account message me i got tonnes of invites.

devilsadvocate
7th March 2007, 20:40
Hi

Somebody took over my Hotmail account once. I sent an email to Hotmail and they replied with loads of secuirty questions. Anway i answered them all the they reset my password for me allowing me to login.

If you manage to get back in, change your secret question and answer cause thats how somebody got into mine and probably how they got into yours

Hope that helps

RootDogg
8th March 2007, 01:05
It happened to me, but with msn, I signed in but it said my password was wrong, I signed in though the hotmail website to check my e-mails and the password worked, I can't remember if i changed it or not but once i signed in on hotmail msn worked...

xclairex
8th March 2007, 15:18
Yeah you can contact msn and tell them your account has been hacked the same happened to me, its so annoying

Hope you get it sorted Hannah