PDA

View Full Version : PS3 nearly here, Anyone placed an order?

VTS_16v_Boy
3rd March 2007, 17:47
With, what seems every shop jumping on the band wagon and asking for deposits offering you a PS3 on release date.

How many of you have placed an order since Xmas?

Ive seen a few of the launch titles but Im still waiting to judge the PS3 once I can see it in the flesh or plastic as it was :p

Very tempted to pick up a Xbox 360 closer to launch date of the PS3 as I reckon shops will pratcally be giving them away :y:

Davekelz
4th March 2007, 14:45
Got enough games on the 360 to play atm.

Will wait till the ps3 comes down in price and get it then.

S34MER
4th March 2007, 14:54
agree with Dave, seems people are getting too excited about this PS3, no doubt its a great console, but the price is just ridiculous imo!! just can't justify paying that for a games console, i'll stick with the PS2 slimline for now, till price comes down a shit load, in a couple of years time!

Mitchell
4th March 2007, 17:31
ive ordered one at dixons.

better get it on release or i'll steal a microwave

belly_VTS
4th March 2007, 19:56
ive preordered one like, but i might just put the 425 odd quid towards the car

MTR
5th March 2007, 11:34
Until a Final Fantasy game is released i'm leaving it on the shelf, far too much for a semi-flop of a console IMHO. :)

djrem
5th March 2007, 11:53
360 all the way.

PS3 doesnt have Gears of War.

And theres nothing like playing it online and chainsawing away as you hear some annoying american kid crying that hes just about to die.

plus. i cant be arsed to move a controller around to control stuff on screen.
If i wanted that, id get a Nintendo Wii.

Robb
6th March 2007, 00:45
360 ftw.

not going to bother with ps3 unless blu-ray is as popular as promised....

furioAL
6th March 2007, 00:53
pfff preorder... i just play on my brothers... he has had his since january :y:

On an HD tv the graphics are amazing! Although i haven't seen much of a 360 to compare...

Alex
:geek:

Strikevts
6th March 2007, 01:52
I will get a ps3 but not untill resident evil 5 comes out, been playing on my m8's xbox 360 with call of duty 3 and OMFG the gfx rock on it so might get a 360 befor ps3.

mrorange2
6th March 2007, 08:23
I was going to pre order one but gunna wait till the best game ever to come out on the playstations is out the one and only Gran Turismo HD looks awsome!!!!!!!!

Mystic
6th March 2007, 08:34
Same as Al, my bro bought one towards the end of last year. Id say wait till some big titles get released & the price has came down a bit. Get a Wii in the mean time ;)

Daniel_VTR
6th March 2007, 10:48
360 all the way.

PS3 doesnt have Gears of War.

And theres nothing like playing it online and chainsawing away as you hear some annoying american kid crying that hes just about to die.

I agree.. That tilt axis bollix basically puts it with a Wii and not the 360.. I wanna true gaming experienece not a kids toy :n:

I'll stick with my 360.

VTS_16v_Boy
6th March 2007, 14:02
ive ordered one at dixons.

better get it on release or i'll steal a microwave

:y: Pick up a Kettle and Toaster as well and your be well sorted :y:

I will get a ps3 but not untill resident evil 5 comes out, been playing on my m8's xbox 360 with call of duty 3 and OMFG the gfx rock on it so might get a 360 befor ps3.

Resident Evil 5 - Ohhhhhhhhh the minute thats released Im there with the cash waiting untill then I can wait to be honest

Predator_R32
6th March 2007, 14:15
im waiting till it comes down to about 150 quid lol :y:

djrem
6th March 2007, 14:41
im waiting till it comes down to about 150 quid lol :y:

That'd be when they re-release it as a slimline version.

you've probably only gonna have to wait 6 weeks after the main launch seeing as the rest of the world would have had the ps3 for early a year. lol

craigy_87
7th March 2007, 00:21
i feel the same i'm a Playstation fan through an through but i'm gonna wait for the prize to drop an for some popular games to appear such as resident evil 5, final fantasy 13, grand theft auto 4, grand turismo 5 an HD

Barry123
7th March 2007, 01:35
Remember when microsoft first released the original XBOX? cameout at £200 and within weeks it was £150 - Microsoft knew they'd left it too late. I think sony might have the same attitude.

VTS_16v_Boy
7th March 2007, 11:27
Remember when microsoft first released the original XBOX? cameout at £200 and within weeks it was £150 - Microsoft knew they'd left it too late. I think sony might have the same attitude.

Top advice Ads, Most people get roped into buyin value packs and get aload of stuff the dont need or want and simply get ripped off.

Give about 6months and wait for the better titles to come out and it will be worth it.

The Wii has been out for quite a while now and the selection of games is still far too limited. Also once PS3 is launched PS2 hardware and software will be worth pennies, Places like tesco's and Asdas only seel the current brands ie when the 360 came out they stopped stocking Xbox titles and it will be the same with PS2 stuff.

Robb
7th March 2007, 11:53
Top advice Ads, Most people get roped into buyin value packs and get aload of stuff the dont need or want and simply get ripped off.

Give about 6months and wait for the better titles to come out and it will be worth it.

The Wii has been out for quite a while now and the selection of games is still far too limited. Also once PS3 is launched PS2 hardware and software will be worth pennies, Places like tesco's and Asdas only seel the current brands ie when the 360 came out they stopped stocking Xbox titles and it will be the same with PS2 stuff.

very true...can get the slim ps2 brand new for less than £50 now from asda i think

b0t13
7th March 2007, 13:30
im gonna wait and see if the usa and jap version play uk games, if so im gonna get an import as the uk ps3 has a loads of crap componants and limited stuff, and its over priced.

VTS_16v_Boy
7th March 2007, 16:45
im gonna wait and see if the usa and jap version play uk games, if so im gonna get an import as the uk ps3 has a loads of crap componants and limited stuff, and its over priced.

Wouldnt bank on it there are always PAL and overseas versons!

Although most PAL systems can play Jap games but not US games. Sega's have always played Jap games as has Nintedo's

Richmt11
7th March 2007, 17:04
i thought i read that all PS3's are multi region. So any console will play any others games.

A guy was telling me before he got a jap import console when it was released and has been playing the american games and he was certain its multi language so can play the british games when its out over here etc.

Dont fancy a PS3 atm myself, not when its this new as its not established enough so wont have alot of games out. Stickign to my xbox 360.

Is it true they have some bad networkign issues on the ps3's which have been released? I read in a multi console mag i got free with a game in hmv the other week that the online play of PS3's wasn't ready for launch leavign alot of people very unhappy.

Mitchell
7th March 2007, 17:11
didnt some xboxes over heat and burst into flames?

theres gonna be problems at realease time no matter what.

gonna be a laugh when all the gran turismo threads are made.

catridges ftw anyway.

Mitchell
7th March 2007, 17:11

you dont have to play like that, its just an option.

Jungle_Jim
7th March 2007, 17:30
Wouldnt bank on it there are always PAL and overseas versons!

Although most PAL systems can play Jap games but not US games. Sega's have always played Jap games as has Nintedo's

You can play any PS3 games on any PS3. however if you get a jap or us one you will only be able to play jap and us dvd's and ps2 games

Daniel_VTR
7th March 2007, 17:42
I've changed my mind.. Me and mate just pre ordered ours through PC World and my sisters staff discount.. Roll on 23rd.. I am now skint though ;\

Jungle_Jim
7th March 2007, 17:47
if you buy accessories of ebay you can save a fair bit.
i got call of duty 3 for £23 posted brand new (awesome game)
i got a ps2 to ps3 controller converter for £4 posted (rather than spending £35 on a ps3 controller)
hdmi cable £4 posted