PDA

View Full Version : new computer that dont work

Graham
11th March 2007, 00:40
i bought a new computer from dell about 2 weeks ago and since the 1st day it hasnt worked! it worked the 1st time i turned it on but after that it didnt load windows and just shows me a blank screen! after about 5 hours on the phone to them they sent a me a new one today and this one doesnt work either! has anybody else had any trouble with dell computers?

SNewham
11th March 2007, 00:41
have you read the setup manual properly? - would be very unlikely that you got two dodgy computers. Companies like Dell have very good quality management.

Viper
11th March 2007, 00:49
to be fair scrott, all you need to do is plug and play. not counting the need to install all the other programs.. but if it wont even turn on for him..

the only PC trouble we have had has been with tiny, and PC world. our local store only has 1 competent staff :(

Graham
11th March 2007, 01:00
have you read the setup manual properly? - would be very unlikely that you got two dodgy computers. Companies like Dell have very good quality management.

yeh it jus said to plug it all in and everything should already be installed. on the phone the computer technians seem to be so clueless about everything. they keep refusin to send me a technian to my home to do it for me even though i paid extra for that service! :wall:

cdyson4
11th March 2007, 16:09
dell are shit

devilsadvocate
11th March 2007, 17:14
When you say it shows a black screen, is there any text on it?. If so, what does it say?. If you have paid for extra service then they are bound by law to provide it. When you call em, ask to speak to a manager/supervisor and mention trading standards and citizens advice.

The chances of getting two duff computers is very slim but i suppose its possible. To be honest i wouldnt buy a PC from Dell. They are only a big name becuase they provide servers and other equipment to large companies who pay them a lot of money, so Dell give them the best support possible. If you are buying a single PC from the, there support seems to be useless.

I would ring em up and kick right off. If that fails then get in touch with Trad Standards and Citizens Advice.

Graham
13th March 2007, 16:12
spent an hour on the phone to dell today and finally fixed it!! i was finally able to speak to a technian who actually seemed to know what they were talking about :D it was a problem with the display driver because it wasnt compatible with windows vista so they had to send me some patch which fixed it.

AdamW
13th March 2007, 16:17
Was the screen on?

Graham
13th March 2007, 17:42
obviously :p

Ste
14th March 2007, 11:04
Vista - Your gonna have problems like that for ageeeeees