PDA

View Full Version : Hulaerobics

tom187
21st March 2007, 13:24
I work as a lifeguard at Virgin Active..

Went to this new class "Hulaerobics"

Apparently Los Angelos came up with it and Virgin Active are the first gym to bring it to the UK.

OMG HOW FUNNY IS IT.

Its really good for you aswell, you can really feel yourself losing weight and toning up.

"All you need is a hoop and a smile" Its really fun.

Competitions and all sorts, this one person who works in the gym Hula'd for 38 mins, then someone knocked his hoop! lol.

This may be pointless to some but I had to share it lol.

Leo
21st March 2007, 17:06
Yes its things like this that do make me laugh, even moreso how people get drawn into it. Its like someone randomly thinks of something stupid, like..

CELL PHONE DANCING

Dance around like crazy with you're cell phone in your hand and you WILL lose weight!! Join our CELLDANCE for only £60 a week!!!! no phone? no problem! use our pretend ones!!!!

Some people just dont realise its easy to lose weight and should be done the old fasioned way. Run/walk/diet

tom187
21st March 2007, 17:41
I think its a quality idea don't really know why you're putting it down.

If your a member of any part of the club you can use every part of the club you wish to, so its not like there charging anything for you to do it, seeing as everything is included in the membership you pay for.

Also it doesn't stop people from walking, running and dieting, the class is only 45 minutes, i'm sure you could find more time to walk and run.

Its fun and you do actually get a good workout.

A man at the class has been doing it for 2 months coupled with dieting and CV and has lost nearly 1 and a half stone.

I'm not saying its down to just the Hulaerobics class but it must of helped.

I think its a fun way to work out having a laugh with loads of people.

Doing it 3 times a week now along with my normal gym training.

WestyVTR
21st March 2007, 17:56
Ive heard of this, its great fun!

I think your missing the point! an increase in your activity level is a good thing....! If CELL PHONE DANCING does this then great.

Its fun and is increasing peoples activity levels... as long as its safe and effective its all good.

Leo
21st March 2007, 19:09
I think you are both missing my point. What i mean is the things they come up with make me chuckle, its like they are running out of ideas to sell.

Theres a million things that are fun and increase activity levels, i just find it funny how they come up with new things.

tom187
21st March 2007, 19:23
As i've stated before.

The club isn't selling anything.

Its about HAVING FUN. And it is fun.

Fun + Good for you, everyones a winner :y:

WestyVTR
22nd March 2007, 07:33
it is interesting to see what new ideas are up and coming the industry is great in that respect - who knows what is next - pole dance aerobics!?

chrisni1986
22nd March 2007, 09:16
^^^ apparently this is class for fitness lol