PDA

View Full Version : My Workout

Ruddy
11th April 2007, 08:36
Howdy,

Been training about a year and a bit now (on and off, due to operations and circumstance) and thought id share my training routine with you all. If anyone could please comment, constructive or otherwise id appreciate it. I don’t necessarily train for mass, more for gains with definition. Example being I need to look like Ryan Reynolds (:homme: ) more than Arnold Swarzenegger.

Apologies if the descriptions are a little hazy……. At least I know what im on about! lol

Monday

Chest and Abs

4no. x 10 reps, of dumbbell presses (Flat); Warm up on 20kg finish about 35kg each arm
4no. x 10 reps, of dumbbell presses (Incline); Start 15kg finish about 27.5kg each arm
4no. x 10 reps, of bench press (Decline); Start up 10kg either side on 30kg bar, finish 20kg
4no. x 10 reps, fly curls (flat); Start 7.5kg each arm finish 15kg
4no. x until fail, dips

Low rise sit-ups x 4 sets
High rise sit-ups x 4 sets
Hanging leg raises x 4 sets
Abdominal Crunches x 3 sets
Bridge hold (I think its called) 2 x 60 secs

Tuesday

Back

4no. x 10 reps, Lat pull down (behind head)
4no. x 10 reps, Lat pull down (in front of head)
4no. x 10 reps, Seated low rows close grip
4no. x 10 reps, Bent over low rows (about 70 - 80kg throughout)
4no. x 10 reps, Dumbbell deadlifts (start 25kg finish 35 - 40kg each arm)
4no. x 10 reps, Single arm rows bent over a flat bench (start 20kg finish 27.5 - 30kg)

Thursday

Do light legwork at physio during the day due to operation.

Shoulders

4no. x 10 reps, Seated shoulder dumbbell press; start 20kg finish 30kg
4no. x 10 reps, Seated barbell raises; start 15kg finish 20kg (only started doing these AWESOME!)
4no. x 10 reps, side raises; start 7.5kg finish 12.5kg (Superset with below normally)
4no. x 10 reps, reverse fly curls; start 10kg finish 15kg
4no. x 10 reps, Smith machine shoulder press off seated bench

Friday

Arms
Ticeps

4no. x 10 reps, Tricep pull down (cable machine) with rope (cable machine)
4no. x 10 reps, Underhand Tricep pull down on flat bar grip (cable machine)
4no. x 10 reps, Overhead French presses super-setted with close grip barbell press
4no. x 10 reps, Single arm overhead dumbbell presses

Biceps

4no. x 10 reps, preacher curls with E-Z bar, light weights very slow
4no. x 15 reps (each arm), alternating bicep curls
4no. sets of 21’s.

Sometimes do a bit of cardio when I finish, probably 20 mins on the rowing machine or exercise bike, or a few minutes on the bag.

Any comments would be appreciated as mentioned. Hope I don’t get slated!

Ruddy :y:

Robb
11th April 2007, 09:02
whilst looking for pictures of arnold schwarzenigger i found this little gem, which i thinks much better:

http://subjunctive.net/photoblog/2006/vacation/schwarzenegger-stadium.jpg

and also you forgot your penis pump excercises.

...and just when you thought your only serious thread wouldnt get ruined.

Ruddy
11th April 2007, 09:12
whilst looking for pictures of arnold schwarzenigger i found this little gem, which i thinks much better:

http://subjunctive.net/photoblog/2006/vacation/schwarzenegger-stadium.jpg

and also you forgot your penis pump excercises.

...and just when you thought your only serious thread wouldnt get ruined.

Hunt with a C.......

Payney
11th April 2007, 10:30
What sort of food you eating within all this working out rudds

Ruddy
11th April 2007, 10:55
What sort of food you eating within all this working out rudds

Average day mate would consist of:

Breakfast; cerials with fruit, and fruit juice

About 10am; Mammoth 2500 protein shake

Dinner; Sandwiches x 2 normally tuna or chicken, crisps, yoghurt, fruit, chocolate bar etc.

Tea; Meat meal normally with potatoes and veg with mmmmmm gravy.

Normal go gym about half 7, have protein shake in car on way home

Come back egg meal if im peckish (favourite scrambled eggs with cheese on toast!)

Im 6 foot 3 and about 13 and a half stone for those of you who dont know me. I only wanna really gain another stone of lean mass tbh then im happy.

Kevvv
11th April 2007, 10:58
First you were a legend on Rainbow 6

And now you Drink Gravy, Ruddy your my hero lol

Ruddy
11th April 2007, 11:51
Cheers Kevvvsta!

Payney
11th April 2007, 12:46
Fair meals tbh...Thought you'd be one of these all food heathly strict diet shit.

But fair play to you.... :y:

bullit
11th April 2007, 18:19
ill add when i can keep my eyes open

Ruddy
12th April 2007, 10:43
ill add when i can keep my eyes open

By the way, wanna gain awesom-o abs so any info on how i can tweak my routine will be greatly greatfully great Mr Bullit. Dankeshern!

Leo
12th April 2007, 19:22
looks good mate, quite a heavy workout. id just do the abs with legs though (after)

Ruddy
12th April 2007, 20:32
looks good mate, quite a heavy workout. id just do the abs with legs though (after)

Yeah wanna start training my legs properly mate but its a bit restrictive cos of my half a knee! Heard it sends your testosterone up too which helps you in your other workouts?

You think its a bad idea to train abs with chest? Am i training abs enough? Not seeing gains like i am elsewhere.....

P.S. Anyone ever pushed themselves so hard they have gipped? i did tonight. Felt like colin farrel in swat...... Gay icon.

bullit
12th April 2007, 20:34
ive got loads of input. watch this space ruddy. :p
ive looked at it, just need the energy and brain power to type it, lol

bullit
12th April 2007, 20:34
whats gipped

Ruddy
13th April 2007, 07:54
whats gipped

Erm how do i describe it, when your almost sick, but you stop yourself hands on knees arse sticking out, then carry on with the irons! lol

Leo
13th April 2007, 12:28
no but i often nearly faint after heavy squats

bullit
13th April 2007, 16:12
no but i often nearly faint after heavy squats

true, lol

ive burst a blood vessle in my head before doing bence. wierd feeling

bullit
13th April 2007, 17:28
4no. x 10 reps, of dumbbell presses (Flat); Warm up on 20kg finish about 35kg each arm
4no. x 10 reps, of dumbbell presses (Incline); Start 15kg finish about 27.5kg each arm
4no. x 10 reps, of bench press (Decline); Start up 10kg either side on 30kg bar, finish 20kg
4no. x 10 reps, fly curls (flat); Start 7.5kg each arm finish 15kg
4no. x until fail, dips

for the look you are after i recommend this from my massive amount of knowledge and bullshit, right most of your days i think your doin too many excersises.

for chest day i would recommend the following.

3x10 reps on pec deck. on the last set do a triple drop. maximum reps on the set followed by lowering the weight twice further to failure. make sure when you lower the weight you can get about 10 reps out on each one. keep going if can do more though. your chest will be pumped and burning to fuck

3x10 bench press, last one to failure.
3x10 incline flys, last to failure
3x10 incline dumbell press, last to failure
3x slow dips failure

all of above with a minute rest between sets. then straight onto next excersice

then for abs. instead of doing. 3x sets of the excersises. do them straight after another without rest. after all the excercises are complete, rest for 30 then repeat till fooked. abs can be trained 2 to 3 times a week aswell. just make sure you mix it up. imaginary cycling on your back is the best one you can do

anyways there monday, if you want me to go over the other days let me know. give that a try see what you think though. any questions, fire away. yes i have spelt excercise abouts 10 different ways

Yates
14th April 2007, 20:36
ruddys gay. and its all his fault

bullit
19th April 2007, 17:36
ruddy did you give it a go? or couldnt be bothered

Ruddy
20th April 2007, 09:44
ruddy did you give it a go? or couldnt be bothered

Sorry mate, yeah i did. Found it a little easier than normal but with a greater burn.

I finished on the flys though instead of the pec deck. I just cant get used to them having monkey length arms. As for the abs i trained them on monday and last night and let me tell you supersetting them has torn me to shreds! lol. But the results are there for all the lucky women! lol.

Could do with a heavy chest workout to pack on size as its one of my smaller zones. Happy with the shoulders and back at the minute. But arms and chest are definatly areas i wanna pack a little more size on.

Cheers Bullit.

bullit
27th April 2007, 18:19
I finished on the flys though instead of the pec deck.

wasnt the pec deck first?

if you want your chest bigger, can do the same routine but do 6-8 reps of each excersise and wack the weight up. also when i say failure on each excecise i mean another couple of reps with a spotter. any ques

ill give you an arm routine if you want aswell?

Leo
27th April 2007, 18:26
yer as bullit said, for bigger its best to use heavy weight that u are struggling to do the last few on 5/8 reps. also for chest always do as many push ups as you can after the chest workout, this is really good for chest development.

Ruddy
2nd May 2007, 16:15
Bullit, can you give me a arm workout to try please?

Also gonna sub in the 300 workout now on monday and do the whole routine tuesday to friday with weekend rest. Thats becasue i am sad and have nothing else better to do and have plenty of rest at the weekend. I only really seem to rip up and grow when im training constantly......

Plus before you all start i know how important rest is! I try to have a cat nap for half an hour when i get home from work anyway......

bullit
2nd May 2007, 16:19
i will ruddy, im off out in a sec though. end of the day the more experianced you get you find out what works best for YOU. you can stick to routines but as you gain experiance you can walk in the gym and say im just gonna do heavy sets tonight or a toning session, or my upper chest is lagging to lower so do that first, etc

first ruddy whats bigger your triceps or biceps?

Ruddy
2nd May 2007, 16:23
i will ruddy, im off out in a sec though. end of the day the more experianced you get you find out what works best for YOU. you can stick to routines but as you gain experiance you can walk in the gym and say im just gonna do heavy sets tonight or a toning session, or my upper chest is lagging to lower so do that first, etc

first ruddy whats bigger your triceps or biceps?

Triceps by a country mile mate. Biceps are pretty small to be fair, not only being small muscle group but in comparison.

Yeah no rush matey for the workout. Im training back and chest tonight cos i was slack last night and diddnt end up going. Supersetting each muscle group exercise with the opposite, no doubt be fucked by the end! :P

Cheers again mate

Leo
2nd May 2007, 16:27
by biceps are bigger than triceps but a long shot, my triceps are really lagging i think. ruddy its best to hit one group at a time to be honest, supersettign another muscle group will just give the other one time to rest which is what you dont want

bullit
2nd May 2007, 16:34
leo its a good thing to do mate.the chest and back and say biceps triceps supersetted work well as they work against eachother

Leo
2nd May 2007, 16:58
yeh true depends what exersises hes doing i surpose, like seated cables would superset well with any bicep exersise. but surely like deadlifts and bench press cant be a good superset? ruddy what exersises you doing for chest/back >?

Clone
2nd May 2007, 17:17
You said press ups after chest workout, i get so hot when i do them in my house and light headed at times :/

Leo
2nd May 2007, 17:26
yeh press ups after a chest workouts great

Ruddy
3rd May 2007, 09:21
You said press ups after chest workout, i get so hot when i do them in my house and light headed at times :/

Try doing them until fail after your main workout! :P

Leo, i did Flat dumbell press, 4 x 10 with 30kgs. Then Low rows with 50kgs 4 sets

Then Incline dumbell press, supersetted with deadlifts

Fly curls, then lat pull downs (in front of face to chest)

Then weighted dips, straight into pressups.

Quite heavy and intense yet short workout i know but ive missed a few days so i needed to lift pretty heavy to get into it. Plus i had 'other' commitments! lol :P