rushy_23
1st May 2007, 21:42
Not a typical rushy thread this, but wondering what you guys n girls think and
if you can help. Okay here goes. :panic:

Im 6ft or 6ft 1, and weigh around 10 and a half stone. So Im very underweight
for my height, Ive been like this for many years now and no matter what I eat
I seem to stay the same.
Lots of foods I have to stay away from due to bad skin causing bad spots acne
blah blah, but I deal with this very well so thats under control.

Now I think Ive finally accepted who I am now, but the thing is I lately Ive felt
really uncomfortable in myself and how I look/dress. I always feel like clothes
are hanging off me and this makes me really conscious/uncomfortable.

Things are gettting worse also as I get really annoyed with myself and I think
it affects my self confidence. I really hate the image I have of myself these
days.

A typical casual outfit would be sneakers, lowcut jeans, a simple t shirt and
maybe a hoody or jacket. Nothing unusual. But I just feel like a twat lol. I was
mainly wondering if anyone else out there has a similar build to myself and how
they deal with it.

Am I just too self conscious and really have no issue? Probably going to regret
making this thread tomorrow but its got to be done as I hate feeling like this
man, tis proper gay like.

Rush. ;)

bullit
1st May 2007, 21:50
its manner enough to get it off your chest, and gay, lol

nah whats the typical food intake a day? exercise?

rushy_23
1st May 2007, 21:56
TBH mate im not really bothered about putting weight on, its just the way I feel
in the what I wear. Sorry if its unclear.

Basically what do skinny + tall people actually wear thats comfortable, best places
to shop for stuff and things to avoid. I seem to spend loads on clothing that I
end up chucking away after a while cause I hate the way stuff looks on me.

kcsaxo
1st May 2007, 22:29
the only thing i can can say is to learn to love yourself for who you are. the sooner that happens and the less you think about what / how you look the quicker your confidence grows. i consider myself to be skinny 5'11" and 11 stone but i just get on with life and find that the less i think about how i SHOULD look compared to someone else, at least you have your health and have no major problems compared to less fortunate people in the world.

clothes wise, i would recommend going H&M, TK max, burtons or primark. may sound ghetto but the amount of stuff you get for a few quid who cares if it gets launched every few months.

Vinny_VSX
1st May 2007, 22:36
I am the same mate. No matter what I eat, I just don't put any weight on. But when I do, I still look exactly the same.

It really bugs the hell out of me, as my arms just don't get any bigger. Which I hate and results in me refusing to wear t-shirts. I just stick to shirts mostly.

andymanc
1st May 2007, 22:39
dont worry about it, no matter how secure we are most of us are cnscious of our weight im 6' and 13stone 8, would love to shift a stone, but not that easy..

cheese-
1st May 2007, 22:40
im the same im about 5ft11" or there abouts and i only weigh 9and a half stone no matter what i eat or what i do i dont put on weight but i over compensate for my skinyness and buy realy baggy clothes. Thats the way i deal with it any way

Predator_R32
1st May 2007, 23:36
eat loads of egg yolks :p

rushy_23
2nd May 2007, 08:04
I agree about my not liking myself from within, but I dont really know how to lol,
also I dont really know what I want from the way I dress. Sounds daft but I just
can see what it is I want to look like.

Thanks for the advise/info guys, I will let you know how I get on lol. H&M is a good
idea, never been in there tbh. Willl have a look.

jaybiss
2nd May 2007, 12:32
Get a hair cut, id be uncomfortable with that thing on my head...

Dont go for mega tight fitting clothes Rush as that will make you feel worse, try going the gm and build some muscle.

bullit
2nd May 2007, 16:02
a superman suit under your clothes?

Vinny_VSX
2nd May 2007, 17:34
a superman suit under your clothes?

Ahahaha intreeging

Salmon1
2nd May 2007, 18:45
if your skinny, be happy, youll be older before you put on wieght, 40 instead of 25 lol.

So make most of it.

Skinny We Are Replay jeans, Plain White Tshirt, Lyle Scott Vneck in smallest size that you look sensible in, tight as poss.

rushy_23
2nd May 2007, 19:53
Get a hair cut, id be uncomfortable with that thing on my head...

LMFAO! Tell me about it. Definatly too long now.
Tried to be a bit more positive today but it was another one of those days I guess...

richo
3rd May 2007, 08:27
if your skinny, be happy, youll be older before you put on wieght, 40 instead of 25 lol.

So make most of it.

Skinny We Are Replay jeans, Plain White Tshirt, Lyle Scott Vneck in smallest size that you look sensible in, tight as poss.

Bang on cant agree more!

I am about 6ft 2 and weigh 10 1/2 stone. Im just used to thats how I am, my friends know that im skinny but whats the problem with it.

I always feel much better once i've just had a haircut, sounds stupid but feel much fresher for it.

And clothing wise, the g-star range in republic/g-star london is amazing. There tighter fitted clothes but i think they look superb on, maybe have a try with some of their stuff?

Johnno
7th May 2007, 19:04
i am the same, but i dont care about it - g star is good, aint got much of it it's expensive lol, try river island and h&m.

Clone
7th May 2007, 19:08
I take it you have very long hair or something?

Premark ftw mate! :D

PugDan
7th May 2007, 19:12
Gets some nice G Star jeans and a nice t-shirt.

Im pretty skinny, got a mullet too. :P

Saxo_Silver
7th May 2007, 21:23
Mate im Worse! im 5ft 10 and only weigh 8 stone mate :(
i serriously eat constantly, i must have the fastest motabilism ever!
alot of the time i feel like you describe and feel too self concious, wish i knew what to do also ;)

bullit
7th May 2007, 21:35
i thought i has a fast metabolism, lol thats anorecic, however spelt :P

rushy_23
7th May 2007, 23:35
Thought this thread had died..

I take it you have very long hair or something?

Premark ftw mate! :D

Just took the mullet overboard, its about 3 to 4 inches long now. I would
put pics up but the West Mids lot will get overexcited.

Think if I dressed im Premark clothes I would feel worse. Nothing agaisnt their
clothing. Just me being gay.

Gets some nice G Star jeans and a nice t-shirt.

Im pretty skinny, got a mullet too. :P

Agree G Star do some pretty cool jeans, dont keen on their tops though.
Bet my mullet bigger than yours :A:

Mate im Worse! im 5ft 10 and only weigh 8 stone mate :(
i serriously eat constantly, i must have the fastest motabilism ever!
alot of the time i feel like you describe and feel too self concious, wish i knew what to do also ;)

Thing is though mate your a bit shorter than me so I bet we look similar in build. We need to go on the Jeremy Kyle show together, hold hands and
shit lol.

azzy
8th May 2007, 18:24
Im only 8 and half stone & probably bout 5ft 10ish.
I cant put on any pounds to save my life & eat ALL the time.
Im not really self concious at all, i just think i am who i am & if people dont like it then tough. Although id love to put weight on but the skinny thing runs in the family.
I cant remember the last time i was ill so i take it, its the way im meant to be otherwise id probably have health problems.
My work is pyshically demanding & have no problems.

Saxo_Silver
9th May 2007, 21:05
aha nah i would prefer to go on trisha!

Mystic
9th May 2007, 21:25
Skinny is a good build i reckon mate, your lucky u dont put on weight, im a tubby wee cnut, would love to be skinny but i got a really broad skeletal figure so id probs look daft if i tried to lose alot of weight.

Most of the girls i know prefer a rugby players build to a skinny figure though, so my broad shoulders seem to take me places ;)

You maybe just need to wear tighter clothes? Nothin wrong with jeans, t shirt & a hoody :A: