PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions *involves creatine/Protein*

Kevvv
9th May 2007, 18:06
Since thursday when i signed upto the gym, i have been 4 times, i would of went monday but bank holiday monday stopped me and the sat and sun well i was aching so thought it would be best to not. Anyway i seen people today who were proper ripped drinking protein shakes after the gym, ( he said it tasted like shit mind ;)). What i was wondering is can you combine Protein and Creatine drinks and is it a good idea to do so as in one before and one after. If not what do each offer as in terms of a boost and for after the gym when you need it. I am looking to spend about 20-40 quid on the first month just because i want to see what effect it has on me and how it can help. I normally do light weights on various machines and a 20 min run (2.2 mile) and 20 mins on the cross trainer and 20 on the bike in a typical session, with about half an hour in the steam and sauna room ;)

What are the places which sell high quality protein/creatine drinks, i cant be arsed waiting for delivery online as i wan't it within a week (when i will be getting the cash)

Cheers for your help ;)

bullit
9th May 2007, 19:27
id suggest as you are doing weight and fiz, to just have a proteon drink straight after workout before you go sauna etx as this is the most important time. you can have half a scoop before gym but as your not spending much, one scoop or a heaped one will surfice. if youve jsut started the gym i wouldnt worry about creatine just yet. you have a lot to learn and gain before needing it. you can buy creatine and protein seperate or combined. id have seperate though. i used to use the dorian yates range

how long does your weight session last?

Kevvv
9th May 2007, 19:32
About half an hour to 45 mins
With all Machines.

bullit
9th May 2007, 19:56
was thinking if you plan to go everynight. you could do weights one night, then cardio the next depending how long you did them for

Apz1
9th May 2007, 19:59
The reason people have protein shakes after the gym is because your body is crying out for protein and carbs as the muscle fibers have been damaged and in this period you body will 'absorb' more. so they use use fast digesting whey protein and simple carbs to get it to the muscles fast.

Most types of createin have no benefit after a workout. so is usually taken about an hour before, for more energy.

however drinking whey and takeing createin will not yeild good results if the overall diet and routine is not good.

Ruddy
10th May 2007, 07:40
Kev

Maximuscle cyclone tastes like SHIT!

However it does contain a good lump of protein, creatine and other supplements all in one. Must say ive been using it and it was like i Was on steroids mate! Lol, pretty good stuff in my opinion even after the first few times you actually want to throw it all back up! If you do get it though, try it with milk. It says on the tub take with water but that sucks! Tastes even worse

Kevvv
10th May 2007, 10:39
Cheers for Input Lads,

How much is it Rudinator, and where from?

Ruddy
10th May 2007, 13:09
Eeeeeerm, well I kinda got it from “a friend” that “found” it somewhere as well as a dozen more tubs BUT….. You can buy it from any good food/health shop mate. Normally about £40 from catalogues etc but you will find it cheaper than that elsewhere mate. If my bloody computer was working at home I would give you a right list of good supplements to take, but cant so sorry mate.

If you end up getting some though it is quiete expensive for what you actually get. I found that if you take one scoop per day when your not training and two a day when you are makes it last that little while longer. Just take some cheap shit protein shake if you must on your days when your not training.

How are you training by the way? You lifting light and lots like I told you to? Free weights and not machines?

El massivo burn from my workout last night mate. Concentrated on burning out my shoulders and they feel fucked but healthy today lol. Follow my routine if you get bored one day? Although I have changed it a fair bit since I posted it up on here.

Kevvv
10th May 2007, 21:04
How are you training by the way? You lifting light and lots like I told you to? Free weights and not machines?

Yep 20 reps x 3 sets.

on about 6 machines and i havnt started on the free weights but i will on monday when i finish this week.

bullit
10th May 2007, 22:51
trouble with cyclone though is that you cant cycle the creatine. i personally buy all seperate stuff. whey, creatine, glutemine etc