PDA

View Full Version : Changed routine last month, Result!

Ste
14th May 2007, 11:44
Well after going to the gym for a year just to get fit, i decided to step it up a bit and get big. On recommendation i bought a set of BSN Suplements;

Nitrix
Cell Mass
No Explode
Syntha 6
Axist HT

Along with the above i eat 3 meals a day (usually steak, potatos, veg, pasta etc)

Then snack on fruit in between and the odd pint.

My old routine was what i thought 'Good' but upon changing ive noticed it was shit. Going around the freeweights and machnies doing usually 3 sets of 15 reps and going up a weight through each. Basically doing general lifting paterns.

Now i have changed; I do 5 sets of 10 reps. I variate my grip and try and variate the movements as best as i can. I have also started doing intesive sets where i only have the time it takes to get from one area to another to rest to increase my metabolic rate.

Over the first two weeks nothing much but the last two weeks ive been getting some proper results. Vascularity is insane when im pumped and since starting my muscles have built up around the lagging areas and are starting to become properly defined....

Id recommend the BSN stuff to anyone whos not seeing results or is taking ages to get big, im not a gym nut so i dont work out as hard as some. The main thing i have been doing is variating the stances etc to work different areas of each muscle. I have also gained 2kgs in weight over the last 3 weeks.

If anyone wants more detail on the workout pm me and ill email my routine guide over when i get home.

Ruddy
14th May 2007, 12:14
Post up your routine mate, then people can have two examples instead of my one! lol.

So basically means your watching your form a lot more now? Good stuff mate. Stick to the free weights dungeon mate, you know it makes sense for form and strength!

How many excersises are you doing in each workout though steve? cos 5 sets is a lot in my opinion. If you lift a little heavier but just go for 4 sets that might benefit your growth just that little bit more?

Anyway whatever works for you fella!

Ruddy :y:

Ste
14th May 2007, 13:59
Ill get it up when i get home, im at work at the mo!

Say for biceps ill do dumbbell curls and ill start on 12kg and work up to 20kg. So its fairly easy at first but then buy the time im on 20kg im fuct...i rest about a minute and a half between each set.

I could probably go up a weight from 20kg if i started on 15kg but i dont think id be able to do 10 reps without straining....so i keep within my reach

Then once ive completed the whole work out ill do some split rep's 10 reps 1 set of each with no rest as i change exercises to finish...

Ruddy
14th May 2007, 14:10
Ill get it up when i get home, im at work at the mo!

Say for biceps ill do dumbbell curls and ill start on 12kg and work up to 20kg. So its fairly easy at first but then buy the time im on 20kg im fuct...i rest about a minute and a half between each set.

I could probably go up a weight from 20kg if i started on 15kg but i dont think id be able to do 10 reps without straining....so i keep within my reach

Then once ive completed the whole work out ill do some split rep's 10 reps 1 set of each with no rest as i change exercises to finish...

20kg in each arm? fook me!!! lol, well i suppose if you can do it mate play on! lol, i could probably do it at a push with an isolation curl, but prefer to do light weights on my biceps. Keep my lines then.

Tend to do alternating curls 4 sets of 12 going 12,12,10,10 or 8 on the last one. Start 7.5kg each arm, very slow and very diciplined, twisting at the top so the inner plate touches my shoulder. Finish on about 12.5kg or 15kg in each arm.

Then isolation curls with th E-Z bar 4 sets going 12,12,10,10 or 8 on about 12.5kg start then finish on about 25kg

Then finish off with 21's @ 25kgs.

In the end i cant touch my shoulders with my thumbs lol.

Ste
14th May 2007, 15:23
I only weigh 71kgs but i can feel the force;

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/Ste_1/PICT0016.jpg

Tobs
1st June 2007, 09:04
wtf have you got a gym in your house?:P

u lucky fook