PDA

View Full Version : New Seat - Problem - HELP!

craig180
14th May 2007, 20:03
I've just bought a brand new drivers seat for my (single seat) saxo and it mounts using the specific side mounts.

I was assured by Sportseats4u that there would be no problem bolting it straight to the floor in the sax, but when I have offered the seat up the floor is not even so it wobbles!

Has anyone else used side mount seats bolted to the floor, and if so how is it done properly??? I really don't want to bodge it incase the worst happens!

Pic of the mounts:
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4868&stc=1&d=1179172910

Jungle_Jim
14th May 2007, 20:23
are you sure they bolt to the floor and not to the runners of the original saxo seats

craig180
14th May 2007, 20:35
are you sure they bolt to the floor and not to the runners of the original saxo seats

I did check that and they said that because they are a proper competition seat they bolt straight to the floor. There is always the option of mounting them to Sparco subframes, but that means the seat sits about 3-4 inches higher in total and at the moment, even on the lowest set it is high enough

Jungle_Jim
14th May 2007, 20:37
mm not sure then mate. can you not put washers under them to stop there being a gap

craig180
14th May 2007, 20:43
I was thinking of doint that, or even attaching a sheet of steel under where the seat will mount and using that as a level platform nut I didn't really want any unnecessary weight. The reason for me buying these seats was that they are uber light!

Jungle_Jim
14th May 2007, 20:46
lol i dont think it will make much difference on the weight mate only as much as whether you have or not before getting in the car lol

landy
15th May 2007, 16:07
wot seats are they

craig180
15th May 2007, 19:23
wot seats are they

Corbeau Pro 2000 series. FIA approved until 2011:p

BENSAX3
15th May 2007, 19:47
think riggsy has these pm him

craig180
15th May 2007, 20:01
think riggsy has these pm him

Riggsy has Sparco Pro's and I'mnot sure they're fitted yet

Aron
15th May 2007, 21:19
he has them on runners anyway. I know on our stock hatch car wehad to put like rollcage bar across the floor and mount it onto them bt im sure peopledo fin a way to bolt them straight down

craig180
15th May 2007, 21:22
I've actually found a company that produce custom bars that mount to the original seat mounts and the seat mounts to that (lower than a subframe as it goes down into the well as apposed to up!)

Toad
15th May 2007, 21:32
Let's sort you out here bud ;)

Just going for a quick smoke... (What a pointless update... lol)

Toad
15th May 2007, 21:46
Take a look at these pictures (good excuse for a quick ciggy, hehe)

http://i8.tinypic.com/68hnn6s.jpg

http://i16.tinypic.com/4pkjw2h.jpg

The people who sold you the seats are arseholes basically. They should know better. Anyhow, no harm done. If you sat the seats you have with the side mounts straight onto the floor pan, you would be sitting WAY too low. You would look like a granny driving your car, with your hands up above and your eyes just peering over the wheel. LOL.

You will need some steel bars welded across the high areas of the floor pan. This would be from the side of the door area, to the centre area where the handbrake is. The picture is not that good, as you cannot see the other bar, as it's being blocked by the harness. Anyway, you get the general idea... Once they are sat on those, the heigh will be perfect. You will find that you are sitting about 1 inch lower than before...

Hope this helps bud :)

Toad
17th May 2007, 12:06
Was this not of any help to you?

craig180
17th May 2007, 12:11
Was this not of any help to you?

Subtle;)

I've actually got sorted now mate but I know you've put some time into this so rep coming your way!

Toad
17th May 2007, 15:16
I'm not bothered about the rep, so no worries. Just trying to make sure you get the best advice for fitting your buckets...

Toad
17th May 2007, 15:17
Thanks for the rep though! :)

riggsy
17th May 2007, 17:54
Yeah matwesty can make you some fixed subframes up.

Oh and i have cobra evolution seats :)

riggsy
17th May 2007, 17:58
Oh and i have also had alot of trouble from that company, been waiting bloody ages for one bolt to turn up!

NOT HAPPY!

craig180
17th May 2007, 18:37
Oh and i have also had alot of trouble from that company, been waiting bloody ages for one bolt to turn up!

NOT HAPPY!

Is that from Sportseats4u? I found the service and price very good, but the knowledge of the guy that sold me the seat obviously a little vague!