PDA

View Full Version : Supplements Thread ***Updated 28.08.07***

Ruddy
15th May 2007, 12:36
There have been loads and loads of threads in the past and recently about supplements advice, so ive decided to be extremly brave and pen down my thoughts for all of sax-p to read.

First and foremost, id personally like to say in my opinion you can have all the supplements in the world, however if you do not have the right routine and diet in place they will be a waste of money. Furthermore you can be doing the exact same program as your best mate, but if his genetics are different to yours you will see him growing more than yourself. Its a bitch! Trust me i know! Being 6 foot odd and training with shortarse stocky buggers i know all too well :)

Protein Shakes

Protein shakes as most people know are there to replace vital nutrients and strectched damaged muscle fibres with protein to aid and develop recovery.

Should you wish to gain size, its reccomended that you eat a gram of protein (and more) per pound of your body weight.

Personally i try to eat quality food every 2-3 hours, as well as taking weight gaining protein shakes twice a day, vital one being after training.

The only supplements i have personal experience of taking are:

Mammoth 2500 Whey
Maximuscle; Cyclone

The Mammoth has notched me up (as well as a solid diet and training routine) about 2 stone of muscle in the past 12 months (ish) and is fully reccomended for gaining weight in my opinion. Plus it tastes nice :y:

Cyclone tastes like shit. lol, absolutly awful. However after a good month on the stuff ive actually been lifting heavier weights on some excercises (notibley chest workouts), and im pretty convinced ive gained leaner muscle mass in my abs and oblique areas. Cyclone contains a full on concoction of all the markets supplements in one shake alone near enough, notibley HMB and creatine which are quite expensive if bought on there own.

HMB-beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyrate

HMB has been shown to aid fatloss,boost endurance and increase muscle growth while inhibiting to some extent muscle break down.

There are currently no known side effects to taking it, it is heavily backed by scientific research( I can point you to it if you want).

The best time to take it are after a workout and before bed, the times when muscle breakdown usually occurs.

Creatine

I have tried to put a brief thing together for creatine:

How it works: Creatine is a naturally formed supplement found most commonly in red meat, it can also be manufactured in the body. Creatine helps the body to replenish ATP which is basically what ‘powers’ the muscle, when there is no ATP in the muscle cells cannot contract, so creatine can help you exercise for longer and recover quicker. A side effect of creatine is that it holds water, so you will gain water weight but this is beneficial for keeping your muscles hydrated and so in an anabolic state. It has also been said that creatine helps with creatine synthesis.

How to take it: There are varying methods, powder, liquid and tablet form. Please note that creatine is unstable in liquid form so do not buy creatine liquid as it is a waste of money. Also creatine is said to be more affective when taken with dextrose to create an insulin spike and get it ‘sucked’ into the muscles. Creatine is also supposed to be best when it is cycled, meaning taking it for no more than 8weeks on and 4weeks not taking it.

Cheers guys hope this helps so far!

Thanks to Makavelli too for his input! :y:

Ruddy :y:

My Current Supplements

PHD Pharma Gain 2 x 3 scoops daily
Met-rx colossal big 100 protein bars (peanut butter cookie dough ftw)
Creatamax creatine

Japman
31st May 2007, 17:04
Thats a very good read ruddy,loads of infomation there

oz_borne
19th June 2007, 18:57
top mate, and to be truthful people should see gains, There is no way people can take this stuff and say nothing is happening.

If you were to say take whey protein without a routine....weights or cardio, running/cycling/rower, then you would gain FAT, not MUSCLE. you need to be working out, to gain muscle.

You can buy such products from many different companies, the most notiable being promax, made by maximuscle. There are a variety of deals including 4 containers for £99 this will last you about 3 and a half months or 4 and a half if you have a week off every 5th week. (this allows body to not become dependant on the nutrients)

My two penneth

:A:

Ruddy
20th June 2007, 07:17
Cheers for feedback guys!

Its had plenty of views this thread but not a lot of feedback. Nice to know I'm helping :)

Japman
20th June 2007, 09:57
Ruddy how many scoops of Mammoth do you take?,i only take two per shake,i find impossible to drink 4 scoops in one

Ruddy
20th June 2007, 10:18
Im on the cyclone now matey, but used to have 4 scoops with porridge oats as a breakfast shake. If i had time i used to put in my blender 4 scoops of vanilla, oats, and peanut butter......... Yummy. lol Brilliant if you want undefined bulk haha. Not what I want anymore though matey.

mattvts23
23rd July 2007, 22:34
So if you are wanting to build muscle but also gain weight should you be taking Whey as well as Maximuscle; Cyclone?

Saxo_Davey
30th July 2007, 20:49
Nice info mate ! very good advice there, i know most the stuff and its all true. You know your stuff !

Leo
30th July 2007, 21:19
good man well done

freddiethomas
20th September 2007, 20:05
im on maximuscle progain extreme, its good, expensive but the strawberry taste like shit and gets sickly..i recomment choc or vanilla

dern999
2nd October 2007, 10:32
check out www.sshealthfoods.com ...there well cheap, maximuscle is a little on the pricey side for me lol

Ste
8th October 2007, 11:54
Just thought id add a bit;

I use BSN supplements.

Cellmass - Creatine - As with all creatine i dont know what its doing but everyone says take it so i do
No-Xplode - Protein Shake - not bad, nothing special tasty but makes you feel bloated so eat before the shake.
Axis-HT - Testosterone Booster - No idea how it works but seems to just generally improve performance and make you're gains come quicker. Also gives you a high sex drive ;)
Nitrix - Magic in a Bottle - Not sure what it is but its good shiz. Makes youre muscles swell and makes pumps last pretty much all day.
Syntha-6 - Protein Powder - Very good and easy to drink. Helped my overall performance and endurance. No noticeable effects to muscle mass etc.
True Mass - Weight Gainer - Only went through 1 tub, didnt put on much weight iirc 2kgs after the whole tub. Maybe it helps some people just not me.

Those are what i have used, the current stack im using consists of;

Nitrix, Axis HT, Syntha-6, Cellmass & NO Xplode.

You usually have the lot for about 12 weeks then have a rest for 4 weeks. They all take a while to kick in before you notice much, ideally 2 weeks but when you're onto youre second lot you notice the overall effects. The Nitrix, Syntha-6 and Axis-HT are the best and probably the minimum requirement if you want to try them.

The NO Xplode is what it is, nothing special. I suppose you could use any protein shake and get similar if not better results. And the Cellmass is just creatine and i dont think its too cracking either but it is 'no fuss' i know a few mates who have stomach upsets etc with creatine. With this ive had no upsets.

Ive never really had a proper cycle with any other products so i can't compare but i can say these work very well together. Once you've got into the routine of taking them its nice and steady but it took me a while. And if you dont like taking tablets you will struggle as they are prettttty big.

SaxoJamie
28th October 2007, 13:44
Good read there mate.

bark
28th October 2007, 17:41
Glad to see people actually take training seriously on here:

Anybody fancy detailing their routines on here?

I mean for example this is mine:

Monday - Weights (Full Body)
Tuesday - Boxing
Wednesday - Weights (Full Body)
Thursday - Boxing
Friday - Weights (Full Body)
Saturday - Roughly 50 miles on my push bike
Sunday - Boxing (If I can be bothered)

Also do a bit of rock climbing, sailing and kayaking when I can fit it in!

Done all this without using any supplements, bought some decent protein which is recommended as an alternative to nitrotech!

Anybody else use a BCAA supplement, been told it has almost anabolic properties?

alextoffie
28th October 2007, 19:37
Glad to see people actually take training seriously on here:

Anybody fancy detailing their routines on here?

I mean for example this is mine:

Monday - Weights (Full Body)
Tuesday - Boxing
Wednesday - Weights (Full Body)
Thursday - Boxing
Friday - Weights (Full Body)
Saturday - Roughly 50 miles on my push bike
Sunday - Boxing (If I can be bothered)

Also do a bit of rock climbing, sailing and kayaking when I can fit it in!

Done all this without using any supplements, bought some decent protein which is recommended as an alternative to nitrotech!

Anybody else use a BCAA supplement, been told it has almost anabolic properties?
if you take training seriously then you need at least one of those days to rest

BCAA stands for branch chain amino acids... they're helpful for recovery... please for gods sake dont believe people who say they're anabolic or anything like that

they are a decent basic supplement, especially if you feel you need extra amino acids in your diet... but don't expect anything amazing.. although they will help your body

bark
28th October 2007, 19:45
Guess that's where I might be doing it wrong then?

It's just the way i've always done it, same with the rest of my mates!

Saturdays and Sundays are like the optional days though, I mean cycling's a piece of pi$$ when you've done it for long enough, and boxing on a sunday depends on what time i get my dinner etc!

As for the BCAA's i know what that are basically, was just wondering how many people actually use them, because a lot of protein shakes have these included in them. so thought these were pretty pointless and just another way of gettin money or something?!

alextoffie
29th October 2007, 00:25
Guess that's where I might be doing it wrong then?

It's just the way i've always done it, same with the rest of my mates!

Saturdays and Sundays are like the optional days though, I mean cycling's a piece of pi$$ when you've done it for long enough, and boxing on a sunday depends on what time i get my dinner etc!

As for the BCAA's i know what that are basically, was just wondering how many people actually use them, because a lot of protein shakes have these included in them. so thought these were pretty pointless and just another way of gettin money or something?!
yeah you can buy BCAA tabs and stuff like that, but whey proteins will have a full BCAA profile anyway so it all depends really

i don't know what you're aiming for or how you've progressed so in terms of "going wrong" i can't be sure mate... but it is something i'd look at

never train one body part more than once a week... if you're doing a gym session monday (for example) and are training your legs in that regime, then going cycling or running the day after won't be doing them any good... unless you're doing light exercises and are looking for tone, then exercising your whole body a few times a week is nothing bad

when you weight train in particular your muscles actually tear... the protein etc you take in then helps repair the gap inbetween that tear which in turn means the muscles recover (slowly) bigger and more adapt to that stress... hence why over time you can lift more + more and get bigger + bigger

so what i'd say regarding weight training at least is that you need to give your mucles a good few days to repair at least... sometimes even when they're not sore anymore it doesn't mean they've fully recovered!:y:

Leesey
30th June 2009, 18:51
Just after a bit of help. Starting back the gym after a month break and just want to tone up realy. So after advise on supplements to help aid this.

Im quite well built, 5'10" and 192lbs/87KG.

Cheers

bullit
30th June 2009, 18:53
food???

Leesey
30th June 2009, 18:57
Well, i was sort of after suplements on top of the food im eating...

Fish, Chicken, Fruit, Nuts.

DusheR
30th June 2009, 20:18
Whey Isolate, BCAA, ZMA, Green tea, L-Cartinine, Caffeine. There are what I take at the minute.

DusheR
4th August 2009, 12:59
MP must love people like me.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1976/photo056v.jpg

bullit
4th August 2009, 19:00
yeah they g0. 'had his pants d0wn aswell'
;)

Fredward
4th August 2009, 23:09
Jesus you must spend a fortune! How many pills do you take a day?!!

DusheR
4th August 2009, 23:47
depends on whether Im bulking or cutting. Put it this way, I rattle as I walk

McGuire86
4th August 2009, 23:51
Lol give us the run down of all those products !

raiya
10th August 2009, 14:51
This is my simple bunch of supps lol

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/frajigo/000_0462.jpg

Pure Whey
Weight gainer ( mixed into whey )
Amino 1000
Zinc
Glucosamine
Carnitine
Kre Alkalyne - single buffered creatine
Krea Genic-double buffered pure creatine

McGuire86
10th August 2009, 15:54
How much did all that come to mate and where did you get it ?

Japman
10th August 2009, 18:32
you lot are taking way to many supplements lol, like a walking holland amd barret

food is the key

raiya
10th August 2009, 18:38
How much did all that come to mate and where did you get it ?

which products are you asking about mate?

you lot are taking way to many supplements lol, like a walking holland amd barret

food is the key

some stuff are very useful and its at a good price, good ol H&B :)

McGuire86
10th August 2009, 20:36
which products are you asking about mate?

Was on about all of them lol. Yeah I thought some of it was from H&B as I had some creatine from there with the same design tub as your muscle and weight gainer, didnt really see any difference compared to MP stuff though.

DusheR
10th August 2009, 22:19

food is the key

So what do you do when youve got your diet spot on. Your training is just how you want it. Whats the next step? Im all about the next step, bigger, stronger. Growings fun.

Japman
11th August 2009, 01:21
well most people then step onto steriods,because if your deit and training and REST were spot on im sure you'd be massive,thats the only next step after that

the training as how you want it as you say

how do you know thats correct,maybe things can be changed to make you bigger and better :S

Getting big and ripped is one huge task,finding out what works spot on for your body will take years and years of trial and error

leeroybrown
11th August 2009, 08:46
Dusher if you get any bigger your will be like the hulk

6ft 4 or something aint you, from what I have seen your hardly "Small" lol

raiya
11th August 2009, 10:13
Was on about all of them lol. Yeah I thought some of it was from H&B as I had some creatine from there with the same design tub as your muscle and weight gainer, didnt really see any difference compared to MP stuff though.

I've never used the H&B creatine tbh, I only use the gainer for adding into my pure whey.
It has other properties that the pure whey dont have, and its only 24g of protein per serving.
I take 2 serving of pure whey at 45g with the added 24g from the weight gainer, thats my post work out drink done.

Then a huge meal after that :)

Fredward
11th August 2009, 20:08
I've never used the H&B creatine tbh, I only use the gainer for adding into my pure whey.
It has other properties that the pure whey dont have, and its only 24g of protein per serving.
I take 2 serving of pure whey at 45g with the added 24g from the weight gainer, thats my post work out drink done.

That's a crazy amount of protein in one sitting!

samcook
12th August 2009, 12:21

im sure your body isnt able to consume that much protein at one time, your just creating expensive shits

Japman
12th August 2009, 12:34
waste is the new in thing

40g is more than enough for an average person every 3 hours

samcook
12th August 2009, 13:08
waste is the new in thing

40g is more than enough for an average person every 3 hours

yeh but the more you take the faster you will grow ;) lmfao.......

raiya
12th August 2009, 17:39
im sure your body isnt able to consume that much protein at one time, your just creating expensive shits

Thats after training noob, your body can take 120 to 140 of protein a day i just take that much after training so i dont have to take anymore before bed :P
Also i eat as much as i like and what the fuck i like, i know my body and i know what works :boxing:

Crunkers
12th August 2009, 19:09
Thats after training noob, your body can take 120 to 140 of protein a day i just take that much after training so i dont have to take anymore before bed :P
Also i eat as much as i like and what the fuck i like, i know my body and i know what works :boxing:

Why'd you mix pure whey with weight gainer mate? Why not just take the weight gainer on its own??

DusheR
12th August 2009, 21:48
well most people then step onto steriods,because if your deit and training and REST were spot on im sure you'd be massive,thats the only next step after that

the training as how you want it as you say

how do you know thats correct,maybe things can be changed to make you bigger and better :S

Getting big and ripped is one huge task,finding out what works spot on for your body will take years and years of trial and error

So your steps would be diet, training then straight onto steroids? Go for it mate, normally people try supps after their diet and training is spot on. I dont see what your problem is.

Dusher if you get any bigger your will be like the hulk

6ft 4 or something aint you, from what I have seen your hardly "Small" lol

haha Im always trying to get bigger mate :y:

leeroybrown
13th August 2009, 07:50
Bigger, your like 6ft 4 and built like a brick shit house!

Try to look like Arnie or something lol, must run in the family cos your brother is hardly small!

Japman
13th August 2009, 12:27
So your steps would be diet, training then straight onto steroids? Go for it mate, normally people try supps after their diet and training is spot on. I dont see what your problem is.

haha Im always trying to get bigger mate :y:

Who said anything about a problem,all im saying to you is get your diet spot on first before taking loads of shakes and tablets

Dont get me wrong a shake after a workout is a must,but some people take 6 shakes a day along with 20 odd tablets,thats just utter stupied

Japman
13th August 2009, 12:29
yeh but the more you take the faster you will grow ;) lmfao.......

ooo yea sorry sam i totally forgot about that lol

i may just take 10 shakes a day

if you take 20, ull be 20 times bigger

omg how cool is this

samcook
13th August 2009, 12:42

lol at you calling me a noob

halfing your protein intake and taking once after training and then before bed tbf would be more benifical. if your takings more than 30-35 grams of whey protein at once, its absorbed too quickly, and what the body cannot utilise for tissue repair is oxidized for energy. If you don't work it off, it ends up around your waistline as fat. And there is no set guide line to how much u can take aday it depends how big your body is and what state of repair your muscles are in, as to how much protein can be consumed/used throughout the day.

Im only trying to give you advice, take it or leave it.

lol yeh gav to right! :)

DusheR
13th August 2009, 15:30
Who said anything about a problem,all im saying to you is get your diet spot on first before taking loads of shakes and tablets

Dont get me wrong a shake after a workout is a must,but some people take 6 shakes a day along with 20 odd tablets,thats just utter stupied

This isnt a diet thread. This is about supps. Theres nothing wrong with what I take, just seemed from how you responded that I was doing something wrong by taking supps.

halfing your protein intake and taking once after training and then before bed tbf would be more benifical. if your takings more than 30-35 grams of whey protein at once, its absorbed too quickly, and what the body cannot utilise for tissue repair is oxidized for energy. If you don't work it off, it ends up around your waistline as fat. And there is no set guide line to how much u can take aday it depends how big your body is and what state of repair your muscles are in, as to how much protein can be consumed/used throughout the day.

Everyone seem to think that protein not used is turned into fat?

Japman
13th August 2009, 17:23
there is nothing wrong with what you take as in supps

im just giving advice and saying that diet training and rest should be spot on first

i can see why alot of people who train dont post ere anymore

we used to help eachother out all the time

now its a battle to give someone advice

ill keep my mouth shit from now on

Japman
13th August 2009, 17:25

judging by your pics you look like a noob to:wacko:

Some people aye sam lol

DusheR
13th August 2009, 17:43

food is the key

I wouldnt say thats advice. More of a critasism. Im not trying to battle at all, just thought your comments were directed at me. Therefore telling me food is the key was like me telling you the grass is green. Can you see how this could annoy me?

Japman
13th August 2009, 17:58
no i really cant see how this annoyed you

unless your the type of person that knows it all and will not take adivce off anyone because your the best of the best

if not then i really dont get why your annoyed by it

now wether you think its advice or not then thats up to you,it may be of use to someone else

alough there are plenty of sheep on here im sure there are some people with their own thoughts aswell
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If people want to come on here and think,omg if i take all these supps im going to be huge ,this is the way and no other then crack on

ive been in the game alot longer than that,if i can help someone get bigger faster then ill help,ive been there and taken advice,it helps

bullit
13th August 2009, 19:37

Try to look like Arnie or something lol, must run in the family cos your brother is hardly small!

get a r00m leer0y

DusheR
13th August 2009, 23:18
no i really cant see how this annoyed you

unless your the type of person that knows it all and will not take adivce off anyone because your the best of the best

if not then i really dont get why your annoyed by it

now wether you think its advice or not then thats up to you,it may be of use to someone else

alough there are plenty of sheep on here im sure there are some people with their own thoughts aswell
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If people want to come on here and think,omg if i take all these supps im going to be huge ,this is the way and no other then crack on

ive been in the game alot longer than that,if i can help someone get bigger faster then ill help,ive been there and taken advice,it helps

I can take advice, when its something I dont know. You were telling me that food is the key. Haway, I understand other people might not know this, but the fact of the matter is suppliments do help. They have many uses not just to get massive as you probly know. Ask anyone who takes it seriously, if you can take some type of suppliment to give you the edge on the rest of the crowd you will.

Like when Im cutting aswell as a calorie deficient diet and cardio Ill take a range of supps like CLA, L-Carnitine, ECA, green tea. These work great together to shread the fat. Although some of them come from food, you cant get the same quantities. So supps are the way forward.

DusheR
13th August 2009, 23:21

haha yeh all 3 of us love to gym it :y: almost 50 stone between us woo

leeroybrown
14th August 2009, 07:02
haha yeh all 3 of us love to gym it :y: almost 50 stone between us woo

I've seen the holiday photos, wild mother feckers you lot once you've had a drink!

DusheR
14th August 2009, 16:58
I've seen the holiday photos, wild mother feckers you lot once you've had a drink!

You should see the ones that I couldnt put on facebook ;)

-Alex-
14th August 2009, 20:38
raiya how on earth do you drink the body fortress crap, I can't stomach it....at all.
My current stack is
Animal Nitro
and any ol' shake since I ran out last week. Buying some gainer tonight though :)

raiya
14th August 2009, 22:37
Yeah I have fortress shite cos i ran out of prolab whey :)
Anyway to the dudes who think I eat too much LOL
I don't drink protein and eat in one sitting, i eat a wholesome meal after about 2hrs later, I know it sounded like I do. Anyway after my post workout drink has to be that much cos it takes that long to even bother making my meal after a session, I've tried different ways I just sit relax and slowly drink my glug :)

raiya
15th August 2009, 09:33
Why'd you mix pure whey with weight gainer mate? Why not just take the weight gainer on its own??

As i said dude the gainer is not all that, got some good properties but not much protein in a serving so i mix it. :)
Im just using this to get by as ive ran out of my prolab supps, H&B is round the corner from so it will do for now.

Some people think they know what you do every minute of the day and come up with know it all advice hey dusher, just cos we have a collection of supps they think we pop everything in one go lol

Oh and yeah i eat and drink so much protein cos i think i'll get bigger quicker, yeah lol
Some people absorb less, some people absorb more, depends how active and how hard you work in the gym, and how fast your metabolism works.
Dont come up with blind assumptions when you dont even know or see what im doing with my supps.:boxing:

bullit
15th August 2009, 17:19
dusher and raiya sh0uld be banned fr0m the heatlh secti0n im0

andywiddss1
15th August 2009, 17:30
i look on this section every few days what the hell is with all the arguing,didnt used to be like this ,was sum good info

hvjamie
16th August 2009, 13:33
I'm using Muscletech Nano Vapor NO2 now for my pre workout and that gives an amazing pump, lots of energy and makes you work out for a long longer.. every new set feels like the first one nd then it gradually wears off. I'm using this now instead of the BSN No-Xplode NO2.

For my post workout I'm using the PHD Synergy 7 (all in one) product.
Can't really say whether or not it's effective or not but i'll give it time.

raiya
16th August 2009, 13:39

Why is that then?
We get criticised for sharing our methods and we're the ones to get banned?

We're not doing it so we get some know it all to say its wrong, we're not saying to other people do it this way are we?

We're simply saying what works for us.
Dont need advice from so and so's :hug:

Japman
16th August 2009, 13:52
so and so's lol

id like to know who that is pointed at :)

raiya
16th August 2009, 13:54
yourself and cooky ofcourse :P

Japman
16th August 2009, 13:57
go fuck your self :)

raiya
16th August 2009, 14:06
sweet returns :)

Japman
16th August 2009, 14:08
is that you in the pic,god your a big guy

raiya
16th August 2009, 14:10
grow up japman

Japman
16th August 2009, 14:16
whats your problem i really dont get it

your saying you dont need adivce from so and so's, im guessing thats about me and bullit

Persoanlly you aint the biggest of the lot so yes you do need advice to get bigger

wether you take it or not is up to you

We only try to help

raiya
16th August 2009, 14:24
I dont have a problem japman, you do.
Youre the one critising on the amount of supps we take, its only a pic of what we take.
Just sharing what sort of supps we take, not a supplement monster.
Do know what Im doing with health & fitness and what i need in order to get my goals and if what you read about what i do is not to your liking then be it, just keep your comment to yourself get me?
:)

Japman
16th August 2009, 15:05
lol ok huge

raiya
16th August 2009, 15:34
whats your problem i really dont get it

your saying you dont need adivce from so and so's, im guessing thats about me and bullit

Persoanlly you aint the biggest of the lot so yes you do need advice to get bigger

wether you take it or not is up to you

We only try to help

Making me laugh japman, since when did i mention bullits name in the matter?
Huge lol!
Seems your the type to get the last cheeky comment in aye how old are ya?

Japman
16th August 2009, 18:50
so and so 's you said,so i assumed it was aimed at him too

yes i am the type and im 20 for your info

raiya
16th August 2009, 19:59
Not at all, youre just stirring it up now lol
anyway, why am i arguing with a 20 year old?
I feel old lol

Crunkers
16th August 2009, 20:22
tbh i think raiya gives alot of good info, as does gav. I look at everyones view go with what i feel myself will benefit me. I think the list of supps isn't OTT at all

bullit
16th August 2009, 23:23
Why is that then?
We get criticised for sharing our methods and we're the ones to get banned?

We're not doing it so we get some know it all to say its wrong, we're not saying to other people do it this way are we?

We're simply saying what works for us.
Dont need advice from so and so's :hug:

;)....

Japman
17th August 2009, 14:36
Not at all, youre just stirring it up now lol
anyway, why am i arguing with a 20 year old?
I feel old lol

is age everthing :)

DusheR
17th August 2009, 14:44

I think we should all chip in for a new keyboard for bullshit... I mean bullit

I thought all of this 'discussion' was about suppliments thats all. Anyone starting anything new?

But remember, food is the key :y:

Crunkers
17th August 2009, 14:54
I've just order some PhD supps from Solo-Supplements. 2 tubs Pharma Gain, a box of PhD protein bars and I also bought some ethyl ester creatine tabs from Myprotein

DusheR
17th August 2009, 15:01
mmm protein bars. Ive had the CNP ones. Loved em. Used to take them out on the piss for a bit protein between pints :y:

Crunkers
17th August 2009, 15:07
mmm protein bars. Ive had the CNP ones. Loved em. Used to take them out on the piss for a bit protein between pints :y:

haha, my mate bought the CMP version and said they were good, personally I looked at both and couldn't see much between either, so I went with PhD as I've had thme before

raiya
17th August 2009, 17:32
My Pure Whey turned up woop! vanilla all the way :)
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/frajigo/100_3347.jpg

McGuire86
17th August 2009, 18:01
vanilla is minging lol, strawberry ftw !

DusheR
17th August 2009, 18:13
Banananananana for me.

bullit
17th August 2009, 18:53
my pr0tein is in the p0st. ;) yeah th0se cnp bars are awes0me.

whats every0ne having f0r pre w0rk0ut drink?

admad
17th August 2009, 18:54
i have been workin out 4 about 2 yrs or so i didnt use supplements at all just ate loads and worked out every now and then i did get real toned but then ended up taking a step back from it , i then started it all again about 7-8 months ago(when i noticed i had a belly) since then i trained routinely i am now doing:
monday: weights bench press (100@65kgs)pec deck 140lbs @100-150 ,sit-ups(600 with weights held to my chest), 150-200 leg raises, curls (150 @40kgs) and usually 500 in a go sit-ups without weights
tuesday:same number of curls ,sit-up with and without weights
wed: same as monday
thurs:same as tuesday
fri:same as monday
etc i keep this goin thru the week i usually have sunday or sat sometimes both off but sit-ups every day , i have started using reflex whey protein 2 shakes a day and i eat alot of chicken, porridge or muesli each mornin and toast, fruit with every meal fish a good few times a week (prawns haddock plaice anything with high protein low fat , i dont eat much beef or pork etc now im pretty much cutting out any fatty foods like bacon sausage rolls , chocolate anythin like that i cant stand the taste of water so i drink coffee decaf 2 cups or so a day then mostly squash is this a good routine are there any areas i can improve in like my sit-ups im gettin so tired from doing them as sometimes i do my 500 sit-ups 1st thing in mornin before work then the weighted 1s as soon as i can from finishin work i heard u need day on day off for abs as well as weights but i never have pulled muscles aches or anything i started the ab trainin just before xmas and its startin to show nicely especially since the shakes have come in to it all i wanted to lose fat to begin with and slowly over 5 months i got 2 a flat belly again i went from 11st7lbs @5ft 11"or so to less than 10st i didnt realize i weighed as little as this now i managed to gain my way back to 10st 2lbs or so i def have leaner muscle since i lost my weight i wanna gain my way back 2 11st but with muscles not belly i have an active job which involves alot of manual work so this helps for cardio in a way lol am i on the right track or is there too much workin out going on? sorry for such a long story just wanted u to know my routine so u can help where i need it thanks

bullit
17th August 2009, 19:15
i think y0u need a w0rk0ut pr0gram l0l. als0 a decent diet, make sure y0ur eating en0ugh

admad
17th August 2009, 19:31
i eat more than my recommended calories for growth and my workouts are constant i cant commit to a proper program ie workout at certain times each day as my job is not allowing me the time, does anyone think im working out 2 much, i worked my cals to be 2130 per day for maintenance and to add 500 for growth so i try to aim for 2700 my growth seems to be clean but slow i noticed the shakes help u keep ur pumps for longer i would like more rest time and days off where i don't have to do anything as it is gettin to be too much commitment atm

bullit
17th August 2009, 19:36
y0ur w0rk0ut needs s0rting then. y0ull never gr0w d0ing that

admad
17th August 2009, 19:48
how would you suggest i do that? what needs sorting

admad
17th August 2009, 19:50
also i dont wanna be massive just toned mainly but not a bag of bones i want some meat to me lol

Fredward
17th August 2009, 20:35
Look through the health and fitness section, it's all there buddy; been covered so many times. You need to break up your routine into seperate body areas/muscle groups.

Also your non-gramatical style of typing is very hard to read. I try to help everyone indiscriminately but I couldn't even bring myself to read that long paragraph you wrote earlier.

DusheR
18th August 2009, 15:33
also i dont wanna be massive just toned mainly but not a bag of bones i want some meat to me lol

Hmm do a training split. Trust me, you wont get massive. The number of reps your doing now will be doing more harm than good.

do 2 muscle groups a session. People usually do Chest+Tris, Back+Bis and shoulders+legs.

Ive found legs to be enough just by its self so I go 4 times a week. Then for the other day where you wont be doing arms, train the muscle you want to concentrate on most. I train chest by its self as I go heavy as I can and have long rest periods. You shouldnt be in the gym on weights for more than an hour. Id aim for 45mins.

admad
18th August 2009, 16:44
I think my workouts do usually take about 45 minutes not by choice I just have a rep goal in my mind and go until I have done them, the main area I want to concentrate on are my abs and my biceps, is there any way i can pump up my biceps without increasing forearm size because there seeming to grow faster than my biceps. I use a bench with the curling attachment for this workout. thanks for info Dusher

DusheR
18th August 2009, 17:47
I think my workouts do usually take about 45 minutes not by choice I just have a rep goal in my mind and go until I have done them, the main area I want to concentrate on are my abs and my biceps, is there any way i can pump up my biceps without increasing forearm size because there seeming to grow faster than my biceps. I use a bench with the curling attachment for this workout. thanks for info Dusher

No problem. I would try this if I were you, see how it goes.

Large Muscle - 5 exercises/15 sets total. Reps between 8-12
Small Muscle - 3 exercises/9 sets total. Reps between 8-12

Then obviously up your weight so your last rep is a struggle.

Wouldnt worry about your forearms, its good that they are growing. For biceps I would just concentrate more on your technique. I like to squeeze at the top of the rep and hold for 1-2 secs. You can feel the blood rushing into the muscle. :y:

admad
18th August 2009, 18:06
thanks for that ill try it out and see how i get on. I'm a bit confused about the large/small muscle bit does it mean for large muscles as opposed to smaller ones? and the exercises/sets does this mean 5 different exercise 15 times of reps of 8-12 sorry if i sound thick lol

Crunkers
18th August 2009, 21:57
Small muscles are biceps, triceps etc

Large are chest, back etc

Do 3 exercises and 3 sets for each. So Dusher is saying smaller muscles should be 3 exercises and 3 sets of each = 9 sets

Same again for the large muscle except do more exercises