PDA

View Full Version : Bursting Blood Vessells

jaybiss
9th June 2007, 16:52
As some know i dislocated my knee 6weeks ago and when they put it back in they burst a blood vessell

I had this drained a fw days later

I managed to burst another one when in my cast and when i was i was given exercises to do and keep it up. I did these and it went down, there was very little fluid in the knee compared to the usual.

Now today ive burst another one, i could feel the fluid flowing into my knee and my knees back to the size of a balloon again.

Its fucking annoying as i was starting to bend my knee to 90 degrees now im back to sqaure one where i can hardly bend it about 60 degrees tops

Burst 3 times in 6 weeks? Not normal?

Advice, ive got physio on tuesday so i will once again get her to look it :)

Amiee
9th June 2007, 17:00
maybe your doing too much too soon jay, not an expert like but could be the reason as could have moved it too fast or something ?

jaybiss
9th June 2007, 17:05
that may be true but i do the exercises im given

and im not really doing them as much as i should be anyways... lol

Amiee
9th June 2007, 17:11
lol just do as many of them as you think your leg will be okay with, and could have been from moving about too much? making the most of being able to do stuff again

Ryan
9th June 2007, 20:08
check with your physio mate, you need to be moving imo to strengthen the area up and stabilise it. For instance i just had groin surgery for a hole (gillmoresgroin) 9days i was jogging, 16days striding, i do excercises 4x a day

jaybiss
9th June 2007, 20:11
i am doing them at the min mate, 3 - 4 times a day

8 different stretches etc

but now i cant bend my knee as much as i could as it goes tight

Mystic
9th June 2007, 20:25
Jeez dude, iv had some horrible bug all day threw up 27 times (girlfriend counted :P) between 6am and 6pm & you just about added number 28 with all that talk of feeling liquid in your knee cap!

P.S. groin exercises... i can think of a few that i wouldnt mind having to do 4x a day ;)

jaybiss
9th June 2007, 20:26
haha

i could always have it drained, needle to the side of the knee ;)

Ryan
10th June 2007, 16:40
haha

i could always have it drained, needle to the side of the knee ;)

an athlete i know well Matt elias had to have his knee drained alot last summer.

Barry123
10th June 2007, 18:20
had the pleasure of looking at his knee and it looked rank.

that is all.

jaybiss
10th June 2007, 18:24
an athlete i know well Matt elias had to have his knee drained alot last summer.

yeah ive had it done the first time i did it

but the second time it went down, its a cunt cause its come up again

Ste
12th June 2007, 10:54
check with your physio mate, you need to be moving imo to strengthen the area up and stabilise it. For instance i just had groin surgery for a hole (gillmoresgroin) 9days i was jogging, 16days striding, i do excercises 4x a day

ooooooooooooooooof

jaybiss
12th June 2007, 16:14

Ive done too much now...

Ive gon e from being able to bend 70 degrees to 95 but the knee is inflamed which shes not worried about and ive got a micro tear in my calf so im now cut down to twice a day and scrapped two stretches

ive also got to keep my leg elevated and regularly put ice on the knee and calf