PDA

View Full Version : just starting

saxovtrandy
9th June 2007, 18:23
i really want to get a little bit more ripped than i am at the mo, so any info would be great

im not a member at a gym but ive got a couple of weights at home

ive started doing a few bicep curls, some sit ups and some press ups

is there anything else i can do to help??

also im having my breakfast in a morning then my lunch can be anytime between 11:45am to 2:00pm, then me tea at about 6:30. then i dont really eat anything after that

do i need to???

bit of a read i know but like i said info would be great

thanks

andy :y:

bul69
9th June 2007, 18:38
keep your diet healthy, high protein especially, i have high carbs but do a lot of cardio work personally, as for getting more 'ripped' all depends on what you want ripped, upper body im taking, crunches to work on the abs, much better than standard sit-ups, as it works the whole area including obliques (probs spelt wrong) press ups can come in with these, but to fully tone up find buy more than the maximum amount of weights you can lift, find you 1,3 and 10 rep max's, then work towards these weights, personally for muscle toning i use a pyramid weights program, this is 6 sets of reps, start at 12 reps with a lighter weight, then 10 reps, increasing weight, then 8 reps with you maximum weight, then work back up with the same weights, i use this for all upper body work, but when it comes to traps and lats i superset, doing 10 on one and 10 on other maximum weight i can, then repeat this 3 times.
as for pec's fly's would be your best bet, but make sure you do them propa, on the bench make sure your arms go lower than your shoulders are, this way not only is the muscle stretching, but working twice as hard to reach the comfort zone which is level with your shoulders, again pyramid set these, hope this helps, jus pm if u need any help

marcus2007
21st June 2007, 18:50
if your looking to become a bit more ripped, think about doing some HIIT (HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING), this is basically doing activity which you will normally find hard, such as running flat out for 10 seconds, then walking for 10 seconds, then running flat out again...doing this every morning before breakfast will slip the fat right off you, aswell as increasing leg strength and explosive power.

To build your back and biceps, try and find a rail or something that you can do pull ups on, and try variations of wide/close/normal gripped pullups, this will build the different parts of your back and focus on different sections of your biceps.

Also if you've got dumbells, do some shoulder presses, and lateral raises/front raises, any movement that comes from your shoulders etc..

The best way to burn fat off is to combine weight training/diet and a fitness routine, otherwise you wont be getting nowhere near as much results, diet is at least 80% of everything remember!

I've decided to include a basic routine that ive quickly thought up lol, so im sorry if you dont turn into arnold schwazernegger soon!

Monday:
10 mins of HIIT Running, if possible, find an area where theres a lot of lamposts or similar, sprint from one lampost to another, then walk to the next, then repeat for 10 mins, you will be surprised how tiring this gets!

5 mins of fast paced walking.

Tuesday:
3x10 situps
3x10 lying leg raises
3x12 oblique drops (stand with dumbell in each hand, and tilt one arm at a time down the outer side of your thigh, and tilt back to the opposite side)
5 mins of jogging

Wednesday:
4x8 Shoulder Press
3x12 lateral raises (stand and lift dumbells upwards by the side of you)
3x12 Front raises
3x10 Pushups
Followed by 5 mins of running

Thursday:

15 mins of HIIT running

Friday:
3x8 Dumbells curls
3x8 Triceps Extension
3x as many possible Pullups
3x8 Dumbell Deadlift

5 mins of fast walking

i know this isnt bodybuilding material, but its simple and easy enough for someone who doesnt use a gym, just remember to keep your diet clean, and you will surely notice and improvement within a week!

hope this helps!

saxovtrandy
24th June 2007, 21:37
cheers for that lads

marcus2007
25th June 2007, 16:36
no wrries