PDA

View Full Version : Amp Fuse problems any help needed?

Brooksy
11th June 2007, 19:40
Wasn't sure if post in probs section or in ICE but nehow its here!

Iv got a slight problem with my ICE, my amp keeps going dead iv bought the right fuses for it replaced tham as they blew. Iv d/c and made sure car batter turned off etc before putting new ones in turned the amp hedunit on and they keep blowing etcjust before music kicks in.

Any1 know what the problem maybe?

im going to check the wires make sure none are touching and that i have no bare wire crossing over or anything and make sure the earth is properly connected before i put in another set of fuses. Anyone might know of another problem to check out?

Basically there was no light signal being sent to the amp at start i found the power cable fuse was blown replaced that. so now it shud just be the fuse sin the amp which im replacing now... any info would be helpful. thanks

Predator_R32
11th June 2007, 21:18
sounds like either a bad earth or the other wires are touching terminals, ie a stray bit of wire will short it out and sometimes blow fuses

reevesy_vtr
11th June 2007, 21:39
sounds like you have blown a speaker and when ever the speaker kicks it is shorting. or the amp could be blown. try disconecting the or a speaker 1 by 1 and see if the amp still blows the fuse.

Brooksy
12th June 2007, 00:07
nah the amp shows a green light so the earth is fine....normaly it turns red when earth is bad..
i dnt have speakers connected just a sub bt i d/c the sub n powerd it on and it blew ithout speak or sub attached.
2moz im gunna try and re-wire the system and see if that works..?
dunno y its suddenly done..
might sound weird but how do u blow a amp?its had the same power goin thru since fitted about2-3months bk now. never touched the settings etc..
has to be something wrong with the wires i reckon..

reevesy_vtr
12th June 2007, 17:10
its got to be the amp mate. what make is it?? wiring is wiring if you have 12volts going to the amp then it cant be the wiring.

Brooksy
14th June 2007, 18:06
nah its not the wiring as i found oput :s lol

it is the amp..
the amp is magnat rock 1000
using 30's for fuses.. i have tried 35's but they blown too.. gunna try using 70's see if that will help. the amp has short circuit protection on it, so please tell me it isn't short circuted. lool amp shows signs of working perfectly with leds n that no ground problems green light stays on 3secs into music and fuses blow and green light goes off. sucks!

reevesy_vtr
14th June 2007, 20:04
mate the amp is FCUKED DONT try bigger fuses as you may set fire to it. the amp should only be used with the recomended fuses.