PDA

View Full Version : Saxo Power Cut outs!

CloSaxo
12th June 2007, 11:20
I have a Saxo 1.4 Furio.
When I turn the engine on, it chuckles then starts, then its fine.
Recently it has been doing it while the engine is already running, when sitting still, it may have a "Fit" and start shaking.
Not only that but my revs on my car either come down slowly or stay at 20 revs, or even 30 revs at times.
If I put my foot on the gas, while its doing this it will make a low hum..like its about to cut out and the revs actually go down while I put my foot on the gas, I believe its staving the engine of fuel when it does this.
But most of the time the rev's are higher than they should and it chuckles and cuts out if I put my foot on the gas.
Also every so often my cut can cut out, not the engine that still runs, by my gas. Like if im doing 60 for example, and I put my foot down it could even cut out so its going down in fuel to the engine instead of going up like it should, then it kicks in and comes back. (sometimes)
I have started to notice power loss in acceleration, not really to noticeable but you just feel it used to go faster...

Anyone got any idea's that would be great.
Maybe even a parts price for anything I need.

Thank you for your time.

James

BENSAX3
12th June 2007, 11:25
notmto clear but check the fuel; pump and filter, clean the injectors maybe with so cleaner that you mix with your fuel

CloSaxo
12th June 2007, 11:58
I suppose its a good place to standard, thank mate.
Will get on it right away.

Closure

CloSaxo
12th June 2007, 11:59
*start even ;)

CloSaxo
19th June 2007, 22:14
Its not the fuel pump, anyone else got any idea's?