Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Here's the progress blog for our Citroen Saxo VTR. It's owned by my girlfriend Nic, so all mods etc are okayed by her and fitted (and mostly payed for) by me. feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions. Hopefully it'll be informative and interesting.

Cheers, Alan.
Rate this Entry

Weekend of doom!

Submit "Weekend of doom!" to Google Submit "Weekend of doom!" to Facebook Submit "Weekend of doom!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Weekend of doom!" to Digg Submit "Weekend of doom!" to Twitter
Posted 8th August 2009 at 14:42 by Alanapone

Well so far this weekend, The cat has died, the rear beam has been deemed fooked and the windscreen wipers wouldn't work!

What a 24 hours it's been.

I've managed to fix the wipers, I had replaced the ariel base as it was siezed up, when i'd tightened it all up, i'd trapped one of the wires for the map light which is on the same fuse as the wipers. i spotted it and taped it up and it all works again now.

I was booked in this morning at Demon Tweeks to have the rear end lowered... it's been standard hieght for ages now and i was really looking forward to finally having the car level again. The mechanic came over after about 5 minutes of it being up on the lift and asked me to come take a look. the drivers side axle bearing is gone and the passenger side torrsion bar plate has a bolt siezed, a bolt sheared and a bolt that's not meant to be there at all!!! I knew it would be on the limit of acceptability for lowering but this was final confirmation that it's time for a replacement. So, i'm now trawling through the for sale section to find a decent one that i can polybush and may be for the right price get some oversized anti-roll bars etc. Might also get the front end polybushed too... wonder what my credit card has left on it?!

On the final and sadest note, The girlfriends cat died last night. He was called Murphey and was a lovely old black cat. We'll miss him very much. Nic is very upset because she's never had to expierience the loss of a pet so it's all a bit of a shock to her, especially as she was on the way to the vets with him in the car when he let out his death cry

Any way, Here's to Murph, we love you and we miss you, Sleep well murphycat. X
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1535 Comments 0
« slow progress     Main     Kind of success... »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks