Mobile Devices: Lite Theme CitroŽn: CitroŽn Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience


Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Petrol Pipe Issues...

Submit "Petrol Pipe Issues..." to Google Submit "Petrol Pipe Issues..." to Facebook Submit "Petrol Pipe Issues..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Petrol Pipe Issues..." to Digg Submit "Petrol Pipe Issues..." to Twitter
Posted 26th January 2010 at 00:02 by Simo

April 2004... Petrol problems.

Things were going to good to be true! Whilst driving home from work one evening I got a whiff of unburnt petrol coming from the engine bay. It wasn't anything major so I carried on driving until I got home. When I arrived at home I popped the bonnet to see what the problem could be.

With the engine still running, I could see a tiny jet of petrol escaping from one of my steel braided petrol hoses... a simple thing to replace! I took the hose off and had a new one fabricated the following day, re-fitted it and... the petrol pipe next to the new one began to leak? What?!

It turns out that the PTFE lined, stainless steel braided petrol hoses I had bought last year were NOT PTFE lined... they were rubber lined. D'oh! The rubber had perished and as I was handling the petrol hoses the rubber was rupturing! That was a close call.

The next day I had every petrol hose in the engine bay re-fabricated out of proper PTFE lined hose... it wasn't cheap though and cost about £70! For peace of mind, it was worth it though!

April was a real pisser this year. No major problems cropped up, but the little things that annoy you are often the worst! I took the car out for a spin one Sunny Sunday afternoon. I went to visit DannySp8. When I got there he asked 'what have you done to your arch?'

I went to have a look at the drivers side front wing and to my surprise there was NO wheel arch extension on my car! The side repeater had also been ripped off! Well, I'd known that one of the clips had worked loose, but it had been like this for months... oops!

I went to see if I could find my wheel arch, which must have fallen off on the journey. Eventaully I did find it... on a dual carriageway. It had been driven over several times and had made it all of the way from one side of the carriageway, across to the other side, then up the kerb!

Maybe this was the sign I had been waiting for... maybe it was time to start the new Project!

Views 2572 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

 
Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:36.