Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Body Work Prep (Phase 2)

Submit "Body Work Prep (Phase 2)" to Google Submit "Body Work Prep (Phase 2)" to Facebook Submit "Body Work Prep (Phase 2)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Body Work Prep (Phase 2)" to Digg Submit "Body Work Prep (Phase 2)" to Twitter
Posted 26th January 2010 at 00:22 by Simo

May 2004... Bodywork Prep' (Phase 2)

With the arches now firmly in place it was time for myself and Danny to get stuck in... Danny really is good when it comes to body work, so he did all of the fiddly bits, but I managed to get stuck in too! Out came the fibreglass, metal filler and umpteen other bits we needed. We worked on the car every evening until it was too dark to continue!

Whilst Danny was busy smoothing the new arches into the original bodywork, I started to fit the new front and rear bumpers... not as easy as it may sound! The bumpers had to be extended at each corner to meet the profile of the new arches and also, I wanted to re-mount the intercooler so it gave a full face look!

I needed some new stainless steel boost hoses fabricating to accomodate the new position of the intercooler. Jimmy Hall is the man when it comes to stainless steel and he was able to knock up a set of new hoses for me at lightening speed! Thanks Jimmy!

Thanks also to Dave Ashton and Paul Bishop who sorted out the new intercooler mounting brackets... they fit a treat!

The seemingly endless preparation of the wheel arches and bumpers continued, with layer after layer of filler being applied and rubbed down... then re-applied and rubbed down. But it was all going to be worth it in the end. If you're going to do a job, do it right!

I chose to fit the new Drift style front bumper from Sabre Auto Styling, as it had an opening, which was just screaming to be filled with an intercooler! At this time there was only one other Saxo, which had one of these bumpers and that was on Danny's own Saxo! At the rear I decided to fit a Street Specials bumper, as the sharp angular lines suited the overall look I had imagined for the car when finished.

When all of the arches had been blended in and the holes in the doors filled and skimmed over, it was time to take the car upto Sabre Auto Styling to have some last minute preparation done and get the body work primered, flatted and sprayed! Time was now very important, as the French Car Show was in about 4 days time! Utterly ridiculous time pressures! LOL.

Views 3287 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks