Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Demolition & the folding crane!

Submit "Demolition & the folding crane!" to Google Submit "Demolition & the folding crane!" to Facebook Submit "Demolition & the folding crane!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Demolition & the folding crane!" to Digg Submit "Demolition & the folding crane!" to Twitter
Posted 2nd May 2008 at 00:28 by Simo

Demolition of buildings is a funny old thing! On one hand, its good to get rid of old, useless things... but on the other hand, its sad to see thousands/millions of pounds worth of materials and thousands of man-hours of effort be destroyed and ripped out. Demolition definately creates a fresh start!

At work, a demolition crew have been ripping down a redundant chemical plant to build new buildings and storage areas. Every day the skyline changes and the rate at which these guys are ripping chunks of metal out is impressive to say the least!

Watching what I call 'the jaws of death' pinching and grabbing at girders and chomping through them before shaking them and dropping them to the ground is a proper 'boys toys' job!

For the last week or so a large crane has been in use to support some of the girders and bits of the building that are being chopped out. We've used these particular designs of cranes a few times on site, but they always impress me... in a funny kinda way

A folding crane! Yes, thats right... these things literally unfold into gigantic towers! On my way home from work this evening the guys were packing the crane away so I grabbed a video clip of it folding up on my phone Funky stuff!

Yes, I know its random and bizarre, but I thought I'd share a few photos with you all

Photos : - old spray tower being demolishes & folding crane 'folding away'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dem1.jpg (87.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg dem2.jpg (44.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg dem3.jpg (33.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg dem4.jpg (31.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg dem5.jpg (38.0 KB, 49 views)
Posted in Simo' Says...
Views 4321 Comments 3
« Grand Theft Auto IV     Main     What a shed! »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Thats cool, I've always found stuff like that interesting.
    Is a shame tho when you think about the people who built it.
  2. Old Comment
    Nice Photo's Simo.
    I've also witnessed the Jaws of Life before when my old school building was demolished.
  3. Old Comment
    do you want a trainee simo?

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks