Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Here's the progress blog for our Citroen Saxo VTR. It's owned by my girlfriend Nic, so all mods etc are okayed by her and fitted (and mostly payed for) by me. feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions. Hopefully it'll be informative and interesting.

Cheers, Alan.
Rate this Entry

Dragging on...

Submit "Dragging on..." to Google Submit "Dragging on..." to Facebook Submit "Dragging on..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Dragging on..." to Digg Submit "Dragging on..." to Twitter
Posted 6th January 2010 at 16:09 by Alanapone

Well, Since the last post, Not much has happened, I got some bit's to bodge the BMC filter on for the time being and I've got a Raceland Stainless Steel manifold to go on. Also got the bits to give her a service. I was going to get it done over Christmas but with one thing and another I didn't get the time and now the snow is here it'll be a while till it gets done. To make matters worse we misjudged stuff this year so the tax, MOT and insurance are all due over the next 6 weeks!

Unless i can get some of the spares on my for sale thread sold I think she'll get SORN'd for a month, then we can re- tax and insure her and get back down to my cousins in time for the MOT.

OH!!!!

That's what happened..... I don't remember if i said in the last update but the car had started making a funny rubbing/ squeaking sound. I had a look and couldn't see what it was. It only seemed to do it when you ease off the accelerator slightly. A soon as you come off it completely it stops, and if you put your foot back on to accelerate it stops, it was really weird. After a month or so of trying different things i noticed that the CV boots were starting to look a bit worn, So, i rang my cousin up and asked if i could come down for a weekend and change them at the garage plus have a weekend visiting my family down there. Sure he said so the time came and i got all the way there with this noise, I asked him if he could think what it was but he couldn't figure it out either! Anyway, we got on with changing the drive shafts and thought we'd ask his dad when he got back from a job. Got them changed, refilled the oil, took the car out to check they were fine and... NO SQUEAKING!!!!!!!!! when we looked at the old drivers side shaft, it became apparent that the intermediate bearing was well worn and not far from failure! Glad we caught that in time!

So problem solved, drive shafts changed, air filter bodged on, and a lot of snow. oh, I did strip the paint off one of the wheels i bought, i started to do another but i got distracted and haven't finished it yet.

I have however booked myself on a rolling road day with the Northwest guys at Awesome GTi in irlam. I'm REALLY looking forward to it and it's giving me a bit of a target. I have given myself till the end of January to get the car serviced, get the air filter sorted then she needs MOTing, taxing and insuring, then i can get the manifold and centre section fitted and get the tracking and balancing redone. that way she'll be running straight for the rolling road. After that, I'll know what sort of power she's pushing (or not!) and will then decide on weather a VTS transplant is in order lol.

Hopefully this year too, i'll actually get her on the track more than once! lol. It's proving quite hard to get the pennies together and get the time but i think i'll make a concerted effort this year, Kind of a tribute to a mate that passed away in October as well. He was into drifting a lot and i always wanted to go and see him drive and give it a go but sadly i never got to.

Any way. I hope that everyone reading this is getting there cars sorted bit by bit. See you soon.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2465 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    i enjoyed reading all that mate, you were lucky with the lowered rear beam, it matches the front perfectly! good work, nice to see you aint shy to have a go yourself. i feel inspired to go and lower my rust bucket, thanks!
  2. Old Comment
    Thanks for the kind words the best advice i could give would be get the premium membership and read through the how-to's on here, then have a look at your car to see if it looks the same as you've read, then re-read it to make double sure you know what your going to do. Most things seem to be quite easy on these cars, it's just going about it all the right way.

Hope anyone else that has read this has been helped out a little too... that's what it's here for.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks