Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > AlexR

Rate this Entry

My AX

Submit "My AX" to Google Submit "My AX" to Facebook Submit "My AX" to StumbleUpon Submit "My AX" to Digg Submit "My AX" to Twitter
Posted 24th August 2008 at 14:15 by AlexR

Bought in 2001 as my first car, the AX 1.0aiiii was perfect as a learners car back in t'day.

Back in 2001 it cost the grand price of £700 on the road, £500 for insurance and cheap tax!

I started by installing a kenwood head unit, 6x9zzzz, speaker pods where drinks holders were in doors and some subs, init.

After 6 months or so of passing my test i fitted some GT alloys, stripped it out, fitted an induction kit and a straight through decat exhaust. It didn't go too bad weighing in at only 620kg or so stripped out! I got through 3 clutches and a few sets of brake pads lol

I had managed to save up plenty by christmas 2003 so put it back to standard.

After failing MOT miserably in feb 2004, i fixed the car as i needed it for work, but moved on to bigger and better things with a Mk2 vts in March. It wasn't the end of the AX though, it still sits outside my house to this day! I used it to go to college and back while my vts was either broken, in the middle of mods, or i couldn't afford to drive it for the first year. After feb 2005 the car hadn't left the drive, i had driven it up and down the drive periodically to keep it tip top, the head gasket had been on it's way out and with the radiator rusting through the engine died.

A friend donated me a 1.6 rallye engine, i bought a vts box to go with it, chucked that in, then acquired some 4 stud suspension, vts brakes, stripped it out, lowered it etc. After numerous problems, it was at one point driveable but the engine was problematic so i stripped the whole car down for parts again before taking it for MOT, as i'd bought the 3 series by the time it was nearly ready, and that already worked. So it's a bare engineless shell now, still on my drive.

That's the story of the AX!

Engine o0ot

Get in there

Rad

Lowered on 4 studdage with bodykit fitted:

Stripped:

That's about it really!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19047 Comments 2
« My 3 Series     Main
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You do seem to build up quite a collection of cars don't you lol!?!?!!

See you next weekend
    Posted 25th August 2008 at 19:40 by MikeCracknell MikeCracknell is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Quite a collection indeed! And that sounds like a blown head gasket set on the AX, can still be revived though. Thanks for sharing.
    Posted 15th April 2011 at 02:29 by brandonmillsap brandonmillsap is offline