Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Writing a Blog

Submit "Writing a Blog" to Google Submit "Writing a Blog" to Facebook Submit "Writing a Blog" to StumbleUpon Submit "Writing a Blog" to Digg Submit "Writing a Blog" to Twitter
Posted 11th April 2008 at 19:13 by Simo

Well, the Saxperience Blog has been live for about 3 weeks now... so how are things going? Things could be better I guess
I'm not an expert blogger, nor do I aspire to be, but I think this is a really useful resource for 'us' to use... but only if we use it wisely!

I've seen quite a few blogs around here, which I dont really feel are blogs at all. But what really is a blog? Wikipedia provides an overview, as usual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A blog (an abridgment of the term web log) is a website, usually maintained by an individual, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.
What do I mean when I say something's 'not really a blog then'? I guess what I mean is a Blog should be something of substance. Something with some content, which may be interesting or useful to read. Maybe I'll even learn something by reading it!

A Blog should NOT simply be a page full of photographs without any text... and NOT a single sentance, or part-sentance. We shouldn't confuse this Blogging tool with the discussion forums. They are totally different and should be treated differently.

If I wanted to make a quick remark, I'd make a forum post. But If I wanted to talk about something in greater depth, or share info about something, which you might not expect to be chatted about in a 'saxo community', I'd create a Blog entry.

There aren't currently any Blog rules... but we should develop our own principles about whats good and whats not so good. Hopefully then, every blog you read will contain something worth reading

Whilst I was pondering what would make a good Blog entry, I stumbled across a useful article titled 'Ten tips for writing a blog post'. This may give 'us' some inspiration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROBLOGGER
1. Make your opinion known
2. Link like crazy
3. Write less
4. 250 Words is enough
5. Make Headlines snappy
6. Write with passion
7. Include Bullet point lists
8. Edit your post
9. Make your posts easy to scan
10. Be consistent with your style
Views 7670 Comments 3
« New Motor...     Main     Storm Trooper »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    To me, the blog is a way of expressing your opinions on things too, such as my rant about CO2 lol!

But it is also a diary to some.

I think it is a really good move and a brilliant idea!
    Posted 12th April 2008 at 14:55 by MikeCracknell MikeCracknell is offline
  2. Old Comment
    yeh i thought a blog was like a day in the life of lee_P for eg
  3. Old Comment
    Nice one simo, to be honest my blog entries tend to be way too long.

Not many blogs atm, I'm sure some people will find the blog button

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks