Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Turbo Trouble...

Submit "Turbo Trouble..." to Google Submit "Turbo Trouble..." to Facebook Submit "Turbo Trouble..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Turbo Trouble..." to Digg Submit "Turbo Trouble..." to Twitter
Posted 14th May 2009 at 01:06 by Simo

May 2002... What Next?

Myself and Gaz had another session, trying to improve the fuel map using the MF2 controller. We wanted to get the fuelling right across two different boost settings... 0.5 bar and 0.75bar. After about 20 minutes of adjustments the general fuel MAP was in place and the performance of the car was MUCH better at the higher boost setting.

took the car back to RC Developments, so that Clive could have a drive of the car and check that all was well. Clive was happy with the car's performance, but on the way home, blue smoke started to puff out of the exhaust when slowing down for traffic lights, etc.

This was quickly diagnosed as damaged turbo oil seals/collars... which will have been promoted by the seized oil pump on the "old engine". D'oh! I dropped the turbo unit off at Camco 88, who have now sent the unit off to Turbo Technics... The complete shaft and central assembly are being replaced, along with the seals, etc. The turbo should arrive back on approx the 19th May.

June 2002... Turbocharger is Back.

The turbo arrived back from Turbo Technics on time and came with a 12 month warranty... I had also asked them to swap the centre housing over to a water-cooled unit instead of air-cooled, to help keep things cooler.

I had a bit of a nightmare having some water hoses made up, as there wasn't enough room in the engine bay to fit the normal style of hose connectors. Manflex sorted me out with some stainless steel braided PTFE hoses with Banjo connectors. Cheers lads!

The French Car Show 2002 was happening anyday now, so I had a lot of things to sort out before the car could warrant being on display. With a lot of hard work, the car made it to the show. The atmosphere at the FCS was excellent, which made all of the hard work seem worthwhile... Myself and Gaz had played with the fuel MAP again however so the car was running a bit rich.

Even so, I decided it was about time I took the car down the 1/4 mile... I did 2 runs and managed a run of 15.5secs. It was the quickest Saxo run of the day, but it was well off the pace where it should have been! More MAP tuning needed, I think.

Views 2427 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks