Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Custom Turbo Manifold & Downpipe

Submit "Custom Turbo Manifold & Downpipe" to Google Submit "Custom Turbo Manifold & Downpipe" to Facebook Submit "Custom Turbo Manifold & Downpipe" to StumbleUpon Submit "Custom Turbo Manifold & Downpipe" to Digg Submit "Custom Turbo Manifold & Downpipe" to Twitter
Posted 16th May 2009 at 15:40 by Simo

September 2002... Time for a Custom Manifold.

After quite a few trips to RC Developments and numerous phone calls, I am now fed up of waiting for them to resolve the downpipe problem. They seem to think they can't re-design the downpipe to be further away from the altrnator!? Working in the chemical industry, I know nothing is impossible

I've asked an engineering friend of mine (Jimmy Hall) to fabricate a stainless steel downpipe, to direct the heat further away from the alternator. Whilst we are at it, I've asked him to make me a new turbo manifold too. I am also having the manifold made slightly longer and offset by an inch to create even more clearance on the alternator side of the engine bay.

The new downpipe fits perfectly gives much more clearance with the alternator than the RC Developments pipe did. Jimmy took some measurements and set about fabricating the new manifold, whilst I was still running the car around on the old exhaust manifold.

When the new manifold was complete, myself and Danny offered it upto the block and turbo...A perfect fit! Jimmy, you've done me proud, again! The new manifold is made from stainless steel and is remarkably lighter in weight than the original cast item.

Views 3349 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks