Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

Steady Running...

Submit "Steady Running..." to Google Submit "Steady Running..." to Facebook Submit "Steady Running..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Steady Running..." to Digg Submit "Steady Running..." to Twitter
Posted 16th May 2009 at 17:21 by Simo

November 2002... Steady running.

Since fitting the new exhaust manifold, some of the idling problems have vanished. It seems that the old system was allowing air to be drawn in after the combustion chamber, which was playing havoc with the lambda control system.

The car is now running 100% better than it was 6 months ago and it seems like I've finally engineered out a lot of the design flaws.

We're now well into the winter season with dark nights creeping in. This makes it difficult to take on some of the bigger modifying jobs, as usually it's too cold and too dark for me to get motivated after work.

But, never allowing enthusiasm to dwindle I have managed to re-furb my turbo, atleast in terms of looks. The not so attractive rusty exhaust housing has been given a spot of attention and the aluminium compressor housing has been polished up nicely.

March 2003... Well into the new year.

It's now March, and the car is still running really well! 2003 has got to be the year the Turbo Saxo's make their mark! The new stainless steel manifold has proven itself well, and since fitting it, all alternator problems have disappeared. Thank God!

The new modding season is now underway and its time to decide what to do with the car this year... Continue engine development, or call it a day?? I've decided I will be altering the front end arrangement of the engine bay this summer. Hopefully I'll be throwing in a large capacity water radiator and two cooling fans to help keep things cooler in traffic, etc.

Views 2720 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks