Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Simo' Says...

I intend to use my blog to keep you informed of things happening with my car(s) and anything in life I find interesting, unusual or worthy of sharing! Please check back regularly to see what's been happening in the world of Simo
Rate this Entry

GMC Motorsport Tune-up

Submit "GMC Motorsport Tune-up" to Google Submit "GMC Motorsport Tune-up" to Facebook Submit "GMC Motorsport Tune-up" to StumbleUpon Submit "GMC Motorsport Tune-up" to Digg Submit "GMC Motorsport Tune-up" to Twitter
Posted 14th May 2009 at 01:32 by Simo

July 2002... GMC Motorsport Tune-up.

Danny made the trek upto GMC Motorsport with me... and what a fun drive it was!! John Dobson wasn't happy with the way a few things in the conversion were done, but as they were only minor things, we made a few changes to the configuration and started with the rolling road tune-up fairly quickly.

Straight away we all knew that the car was going to make decent power on the rolling road... it was wheel spinning without any effort. More straps were required to hold it down more securely.

We decided to MAP the car at 0.5Bar, which is approx 7psi... By the way the car was performing on the rolling road, this seemed ample boost pressure! The peak power figure turned out as 181bhp at the wheels, which is over 200bhp at the flywheel! I was pretty happy with that.

With the car setup at 0.5Bar, we decided to see how much effect runinng 0.75Bar would have. A very crude test at 4000rpm showed that an extra 30bhp would be released by winding up the boost pressure... nice to know!

After spending some more time on the rolling road, the alternator started to break down again...so the mapping was stopped and I made the journey home, carefully. With the car back at home and another alternator fitted (now third?!), I decided to make one last trip down to the Max Power Live show, before calling it a day and spending a lot of hard earned cash on a new manifold and turbo downpipe to try and cure the laternator problem!

On the way down to Max Power Live, the car started to behave strangely... then just as I was coming off the M6, the feckin Alternator packed up, in a big way!!

The car made it to Junction 6 on the M6... about 5 miles away from the NEC. Gutted! The RAC towed my car home and I continued onto the Max Power Live Show... But thing's would not be the same without the car there.

Views 3790 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks