Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > -Jason-

Rate this Entry

What is it about Saxo's?

Submit "What is it about Saxo's?" to Google Submit "What is it about Saxo's?" to Facebook Submit "What is it about Saxo's?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What is it about Saxo's?" to Digg Submit "What is it about Saxo's?" to Twitter
Posted 13th February 2010 at 23:25 by -Jason-

Well for the past few months I have been driving everyday in a BMW 5 series but after putting a stone though the oil cooler and an anticipated £500 repair bill I have started using the VTS again and have instantly fallen in love with her again.

I have owned about 4 or 5 saxos now over the years among other french hatches and for some reason I absolutely love the VTS, just the chuckability of them and the power, ok there isnt massive amounts but its enough in standard form.

I havent come across another car so far that puts a massive grin on my face every time I drive it, obviously there will be cars im sure a Ferrari would make me smile but thats obviously alot more money.

Just wondered if this feeling is just with me or if its mutual, I know lots of people are young and like them and maybe Im an older owner being 24 but it is still so much fun.

Just fancied putting it down into words the way the cars effect me lol.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5133 Comments 2
« My New Year     Main
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Agree - there is 'something' about driving a Saxo, that brings a smile

I think it helps that compared to other more modern cars, the Saxo feels more raw. Like youre actually in touch with what the car is feeling/doing.
  2. Old Comment
    Think the Saxo was one of if not the last hot hatch before all the technology took over and spoiled the driving experience.

I mean small cars arnt even small anymore it the Corsa VXR is about the same size as a 10 year old astra cars seem to be getting bigger and bigger with more safety features and mod cons which is great but does sap away some of the fun.

Saxo is light and agile and only comes with basic safety features ie airbags abs and power steering, all of which have been removed from mine either by choice or them deciding not to work anymore.

Plus the fact my VTS is grey is even better lol.

Suddenly felt the urge to become active again since driving the Saxo its strange how the mind works.