Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment

Here's the progress blog for our Citroen Saxo VTR. It's owned by my girlfriend Nic, so all mods etc are okayed by her and fitted (and mostly payed for) by me. feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions. Hopefully it'll be informative and interesting.

Cheers, Alan.
Rate this Entry

The big push!

Submit "The big push!" to Google Submit "The big push!" to Facebook Submit "The big push!" to StumbleUpon Submit "The big push!" to Digg Submit "The big push!" to Twitter
Posted 9th May 2010 at 20:58 by Alanapone

Right then, this weekend has seen the start to a major overhaul of the Saxo-mobeeeeeele!

The plans are to get a refurbished rear beam off the IM-Axles group buy, Some new wishbones will be fitted, the 266mm callipers will finally be fitted and some discs and pads bought for them and a set of new windscreen washer jets that squirt a mist rather than a jet will be fitted. Also the bumpers will be removed and hopefully resprayed.

So First off, Saturday morning at 0900 saw me and the missus (Nic) heading off to AutoGlass in Manchester to have the windscreen replaced. It had a large crack in it since Christmas but we hadn't had the time to get it replaced. Fortunately our insurance came to the rescue and paid for half. After the windscreen was finished, I headed over to a mates house to do a few little jobs for him as in return he was letting me borrow another set of axle stands, this will allow me to get the whole car off it's wheels as i want to get the tyres swapped off the TD 1.2's and fitted to the VTS wheels at some point through all this work.

So with the jobs complete and the extra stands in the car we headed back to put the car in the garage. She stayed there for the rest of the day as i was late getting out for beers so all the work i had wanted to start had to wait.

Fortunately, all the work i had to do was foremost in my mind through the night so i only had a few so i could make a good start in the morning.

So again an early start and i got the car jacked up at both ends. This was a lot harder than i'd thought due to the jack being quite small and not being able to reach the cross member. I found 2 spare paving flags and stacked them under the car to lift the jack, this worked a treat and i finally got her sat on all 4 axle stands. With that done the wheels came off and i realised that it was hell of a quiet in the garage on my own, so i nipped to the work car and got the company laptop out and hooked it up to our wireless and got some music on courtesy of Last FM.

With the music keeping me going i set about taking of the front callipers and discs. Again, easier said than done as the bolts were all gunged up, a good soak in some WD40 sorted them and eventually they came off. I was going to drain the brake fluid and take the hoses off as i have a full set of braided Goodrige hoses to go on. Anyway, i decided not to bleed the brakes and instead i opted to get the callipers modified to fit. I bought a set of Bosch 266mm callipers about 12 months ago and have never got around to fitting them. Seeing as all the work I'm doing is to get the car tidied up for FCS and i'll be doing a 30 minute session on the track, i thought i'd best get them sorted! How long does it take to remove enough metal from these things with just a hand file??? FECKING AGES!!! that's how long lol. In hindsight, i should have just walked the ten minutes to B&Q and got the £15 grinder that i had seen the other day! Oh well, their finally on now and again, not as much done today as i wanted to, BUT at least the musics sorted. I have just paid for the rear beam and I'm now going to order the discs and pads. Tomorrow will be all about removing the rear bumper, backbox, brakes and finally the beam will get removed if i have time, if not it will wait another 24 hours.

I'll bung a few little pictures on here and i'll update ever other day or so just to show a bit of progress and so that i can think through what needs doing next.

As always, Thanks for reading. Any comments are welcome. Cheers, Alan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0332.jpg (44.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0333.jpg (42.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0334.jpg (53.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0335.jpg (58.8 KB, 25 views)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2428 Comments 0
« New lights!     Main     Small update. »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks