Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > _ELECTABUZZ_
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Rate this Entry

Arrival..

Submit "Arrival.." to Google Submit "Arrival.." to Facebook Submit "Arrival.." to StumbleUpon Submit "Arrival.." to Digg Submit "Arrival.." to Twitter
Posted 10th July 2009 at 09:01 by _ELECTABUZZ_

well i went to boston yesterday to go to vrs. after sending the wrong part the first time (1.1 bumper..) i thought id best go check before i took anything home with me. this time they actually got it right haha

getting it into my dads car was an arse tbh.. yeah its an audi but still.. getting a bumper in it was a right pain, laid across me and taking up into the back aswell lol.

got everything home.. i un-did the bumper and had a look. yeah its right this time haha, so i got the bonnet off and laid them both on the grass next to the R, first thing was first, i had to re-align the bonnet hinges, because after the collision it pushed most of everything on the right side of the car up.. it started to get annoying because the bonnet wasn't sitting correctly with the wings.. it looked rubbish and didn't want to align.. so i called my dad over and he got some grips on it and twisted it back, so now the bonnet sits neatly and correctly with the wings

next we need to see if the bonnet would catch on the stay, so we tried shutting it, and it just continued bouncing back up.. great another problem, so me and my mate lance were sat there, trying to make this fit for about 30mins, bearing in mind i'd twisted the front end pretty bud, we were only a few ml out , so we decided to try and shimmy everything over for those few extra ml, we tightend everything as far to the left as we could. still no luck. it closed fine just wouldn't lock on its lock.. what the hell? but then i realised that the cross member had originally come slightly bent, so we got some grips and a hammer and hit the cross member or slam panel, with some force to try and bend it back.. this time it was working.. so we pulled the locking pin on the bonnet down slightly and with one push.. "CLICK" oh man. bonus. now i just have to sort out the slack wire that opens the bonnet from the inside then thats sorted.. massive ballache but its done nethertheless

turned the attention to the bumper.. after the welding and re-alining of everything from the front of the car, i kinda guessed that things were only going to get worse but after lining everythingup it seemed to be ok?? weird.. so we bolted the front end back on via the wings either side, we looked at we the bolt holes were adjacent to the ones on the bumper through the bottom.. yeah they were well out, but a bit of drilling on a broken car never really mattered, and no ones going to be looking down there are they?, so all in all im happy with this slight bit of progress.. just need to save some money up for some new headlights then ill be all legal for the road again, which i really never thought would happen..
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1417 Comments 0
« WEll.....     Main     so farr.. »
Total Comments 0

Comments