Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > MikeCracknell

Rate this Entry

Losing your sight

Submit "Losing your sight" to Google Submit "Losing your sight" to Facebook Submit "Losing your sight" to StumbleUpon Submit "Losing your sight" to Digg Submit "Losing your sight" to Twitter
Posted 22nd May 2008 at 21:57 by MikeCracknell
Updated 22nd May 2008 at 22:14 by MikeCracknell

I certainly have had my eyes opened (excuse the pun) in the last two and a half weeks.

A recent incident has meant that I have lost part of my sight in my left eye - I can hold my arm infront of my face and not see if with my left eye

It's too easy to take your sight for granted, it's only when you don't have it, you realise just how important it is!

BUT as the saying goes "Where there's blame, there's a claim"

I am still not sure if it is permanant or not - the eye hospital tomorrow should be able to tell me if it is or not.

There has been no improvement in my sight after two and a half weeks, even with anti-biotics, but we shall see (excuse the pun again) what tomorrow brings!

If it is permanant, I will not be able to gain my pilots licence, which will be the only thing I have wanted to do in life down the drain!

This is how much I can see out of my left eye:

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 14253 Comments 13
Total Comments 13

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Loss of sight is permanent, and I have been told by the CAA that I am not able to fly aircraft again, which means that I won't be able to complete my private pilots licence, or go on to do my commercial licence, which is what I had aimed to get in the compnay I work for
    Posted 29th June 2008 at 20:55 by MikeCracknell MikeCracknell is offline
  2. Old Comment
    Hope you get better soon mate, a couple of years ago i lost sight in both eyes after an accident with a firework. Luckily it only lasted a couple of weeks before it started to improve. Most terrifying two weeks of my life most probably!
  3. Old Comment
    Oh what a nob why did i not look on the second page?? Im sorry to hear that although looking at it, this was a few years ago. Sorry for the bump!