Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Mk1 16v TB'd Westcoast

My one and only saxo so far - have replaced pretty much everything on it at one point during ownership!! Still feels tight to drive and is always enjoyable !
Rate this Entry

Things getting a bit more comfy now...........

Submit "Things getting a bit more comfy now..........." to Google Submit "Things getting a bit more comfy now..........." to Facebook Submit "Things getting a bit more comfy now..........." to StumbleUpon Submit "Things getting a bit more comfy now..........." to Digg Submit "Things getting a bit more comfy now..........." to Twitter
Posted 1st February 2010 at 16:33 by raunchz
Updated 17th February 2010 at 14:26 by raunchz

I'd kept my eye open for a bucket seat. I took a little trip upto Manchester to pick up a Cobra Evolution S XL bucket seat, and I ordered a 3" TRS harness to go with it.

At this point I'd leave the standard seat and belt in for the passenger - I rarely have one tbh so this wasn't my priority!!

Got a pair of subframes welded up by Matt - so the seat was ready to go in.

I finally had the time to get the carbon doorcards in.

I purchased an RMD steering wheel from Alex on here, I wasn't 100% keen on the RMD sticker in the middle of the wheel so I removed it and replaced it with a small sheet of carbon fibre.

I'll let the pictures do the talking

Have done a 3hour journey in it, and it was more comfy than the standard seat. With it being an XL seat it does come very close to the door. Eventually I'd like to weld in some seatrails so I can place the seat a good inch further inwards.

A 'spur-of-the-moment' was a SPA dash - it should give me all the information I need. It does 2 temperature channels and 2 pressure channels - I figured that the price of a few gauge to give me this information would have been more than the cost of the dash.

I bought a JP4 head to get a little bit of headword done on, and will be good for me to use whether I go NA or boost in the future. I also bought some HI Comp pistons to fit so I could go wilder with cam. However they are now for sale as I am hoping to try a few things out with the car.

The MA diff from Quaife turned up, so I'm hanging off getting a crownwheel machined onto it for now as I'm unsure whether ot get the S2 or S1 crownwheel put on it - will ultimately depend on where I go with the car I think.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5955 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Some nice components there!

Where did you get the carbon door card inserts from? Streamline?
  2. Old Comment
    Yeh I got them from Streamline.

The quality is spot on from them - I'd rather save up for a little bit longer and buy their stuff than go elsewhere (seen some pretty poor quality carbon fiber parts being churned out)