Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > NismoSteve
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Rate this Entry

16 January, Supersprint centre fitted.

Submit "16 January, Supersprint centre fitted." to Google Submit "16 January, Supersprint centre fitted." to Facebook Submit "16 January, Supersprint centre fitted." to StumbleUpon Submit "16 January, Supersprint centre fitted." to Digg Submit "16 January, Supersprint centre fitted." to Twitter
Posted 17th January 2012 at 08:55 by NismoSteve

The standard system had cracked between the cat and first silencer, as I had the supersprint middle section it seemed pointless repairing the standard system.

The spring bolts from the downpipe had not been off in a loooong time and consequently one of them sheared, luckily I had a selection of these bolts kicking around.

The supersprint system looked well made although I though it should be a larger bore (same as standard) but I'm used to working with turbo cars that have larger exhausts anyway.

The new system didn't come with inserts for the spring bolts to sit in and the old ones would have come apart if I'd tried to get them out.
Again luckily for me I've got lots of pug spares sitting around, so whipped a couple from my spare 406 turbo.

It all went together nice and simply then, using copper grease on the new bolts at the front.
The rear is more of a pain, but with a bit of effort it mated nicely with the standard rear box.

On start up I was surprised how loud it was, not very discreet but hey. It sounds far too raspy for my liking, I think this is down to the standard rear box being crap, it doesn't look very old but is not a genuine box.

I will be replacing it at some point anyhow.
I was most surprised with the performance. It felt much more urgent going through the revs.

Its only now the BMC filter will be making any difference, now that the exhaust. Gasses can get out without being strangled by the cat.

overall a worthwhile investment I would say.
I would think a decent manifold would liven things up further, alond with a decent back box.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1859 Comments 0
« Overview of plans.     Main     19th Jan. »
Total Comments 0

Comments