Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment

Here's the progress blog for our Citroen Saxo VTR. It's owned by my girlfriend Nic, so all mods etc are okayed by her and fitted (and mostly payed for) by me. feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions. Hopefully it'll be informative and interesting.

Cheers, Alan.
Rate this Entry

Oh my god!!!

Submit "Oh my god!!!" to Google Submit "Oh my god!!!" to Facebook Submit "Oh my god!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Oh my god!!!" to Digg Submit "Oh my god!!!" to Twitter
Posted 1st June 2009 at 20:02 by Alanapone

I set about lowering the front of the car this weekend... stupidly i only started it on Sunday "How hard can it be?" i thought, you just undo everything and pull the strut out etc... i read up on here about ho it's done and found a guy willing to lend me a sring compressor and off i went.

After spending nigh on an hour bashing the crap out of the track rod end i remembered i had a haynes moding manuall under the bed... of i went to fetch it as theres no way it should be this hard... i must be doing something wrong?
Turns out i need a ball joint tool. Right oh... off to Halfrauds to get one... £9 later I set back to it only to find even though i thought i'd been clever and bought the tool that has a bolt to push the joint out rather than bashing it with my big 'ammer, i had actually screwed it up as it didn't fit properly. By this time the place was shut so i gave up and finished the weekends supply of beer!

This morning I had to take the spring compressors back to the guy I borrowed them off as he needed them then i pootled off to work.

On the way home a stopped in at the halfrauds and asked the woman very gingerly if i could swap the tool as it was the wrong one. "Sure" she said with out even looking to see if i'd opened it (and got it covered in oil that i couldn't get off shhhh!) Not only did she let me exchange the opened and used item, she gave me the few quid differance in price back as well!!! bonus day!

On returning victorious i set about the ball joint and had it separated in minutes! then i atacked the nut that holds the driveshaft onto the disk... I nearly gave myself a hernia and gave up... Any idea's would be nice lol.

Anyways, I'm going to have a look and see if i can find out why it won't budge and give it another go tomorrow!

I WILL GET THIS SUSPENSION ON BY MYSELF!!!

I could understand not being able to budge the torsion bar but the fronts are just as hard!!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5521 Comments 1
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Turns out i need a ball joint tool. Right oh... off to Halfrauds to get one... £9 later I set back to it only to find even though i thought i'd been clever and bought the tool that has a bolt to push the joint out rather than bashing it with my big 'ammer, i had actually screwed it up as it didn't fit properly. By this time the place was shut so i gave up and finished the weekends supply of beer!

I've got to buy a ball joint set for $25, it's quite expensive. Then just learned that my neighbor got both the front, lower and front, upper ball joint. Pretty late though.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks