Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment

Here's the progress blog for our Citroen Saxo VTR. It's owned by my girlfriend Nic, so all mods etc are okayed by her and fitted (and mostly payed for) by me. feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions. Hopefully it'll be informative and interesting.

Cheers, Alan.
Rate this Entry

Strut bace

Submit "Strut bace" to Google Submit "Strut bace" to Facebook Submit "Strut bace" to StumbleUpon Submit "Strut bace" to Digg Submit "Strut bace" to Twitter
Posted 23rd April 2009 at 19:32 by Alanapone

Fitted the E-Tech strut brace today. I had a day off to celebrate our patron saints day, St George. I decided it would be best spent pootling around in a French car?? ANYWAY! I was going to go to Demon Tweeks to get a new Powerflow Exhaust fitted, but at the last minute decided to have an ask on here as to the reputation and power gains to be expected... The response was not good so I decided to hold off and do some more research into what type of system would best suit my needs. Instead of going to Demon Tweeks I took a drive over to ABP motor sport to have a look at suspension (maybe I could get that done?) When I got there I had a good look around and asked the guy on the till a few questions before asking about price... He suggested that I would be okay just fitting some springs up front and lowering the rear torsion bar "Excellent" I replied, "How much for the springs and how much to fit them" I enquired... “err... 58 quid for the springs and two hundred quid to fit and lower the torsion bar." TWO HUNDRED QUID!!!! I think I’ll buy the springs off eBay and do the front myself and see if anyone on here wants to do the torsion bar for me, Failing that, I'll give it a go myself.

Well, after that shock I decided I was going to be forced to do most of the work on the car myself so thought I’d best pick up a decent tool kit, Of I drove to Halfords. Picked up a toolkit that was on half price from £200!!! Bonus! Then shot home and fitted the strut brace I had bought from a lad on here who lives in Warrington. It went straight on and the only problem is that I have to take of the bonnet support arm to close the bonnet properly otherwise the bonnet sticks up on the passenger side. So there’s Mod number two already! Figure out how to keep the support bar on AND close the bonnet properly at the same time???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23042009751.jpg (86.2 KB, 14 views)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3882 Comments 5
« SAx-p goodies     Main     Exhaust »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    ive just ordered that strut brace r they hard to fit or can any1 fit them
  2. Old Comment
    Their REALY easy to fit... just undo the three bolts, fit the brace and replace the three bolts... simples!
  3. Old Comment
    i have just got that strut brace and i fited it in 1 min simples
  4. Old Comment
    what strut brace did you get?
    cause im undecided on what one to get cause of the bonet stand thing!
  5. Old Comment
    I just took the bonnet stand off... it comes out real easy, i just leave it under the carpet in the boot, that way it doesn't rattle around. FTW!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks